M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Caching 'My Geoservice' - no Geoservices listed

Procedure

Based on data of the official surveying I have created different Geoservices (WMS, WMTS, WFS) in i. My Geoservices and ii. Geoservices. The Vector data used for the geoservices are not cached.

Problem

I would like to cache the created Geoservices. Unfortunately, none of the Geoservices is listed in Cache -> Job -> New -> My Geoservice.

How can I cache my Geowervices to improve performance? 

Many thanks and regards,

Hella

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Caching 'My Geoservice' - no Geoservices listed

Hi!!

It's also happening to me. Have you found any solution?

Thank you

Elisa

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Caching 'My Geoservice' - no Geoservices listed

[ Edited ]

hi Hella, hi Elisa,

the type of cache in M.App Enterprise can be:

1. Vector data (flat vector cache)
  2. Vector Sets (multi level vector cache with geometry simplification and merging of features in each tile)
  3. WMTS (multi level raster cache)

Thus, since your layers are live, the only type of cache you can create is for WMTS services.In the creation of your geoservice you will need to set a scale and format in the WMTS section. However the WMS configured will be consuming vector data as live features.

If you want to create fast responding web services with lots of features I would strongly recommend to set the vector data as cached, so that it will be used also for WMS services. In this case there is no need for Vector Set cache. 

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial