M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Cannot load geometries from PostGIS DB to vectors in m.apps enterprise, load to Attributes work

Hello community
I try to load vectordata from postgresql 11 /postgis 2.51 into m.apps enterprise.
The data are writen with FME 2018.1 from GeomediaSQLServer to PostGIS Server.
Its no problem to open the written Postgisdatabase in QGIS, FME etc. all Geometries and Attributes are there.
In m.app enterprise studio no Vectortables are showing. Under attributes the Tables are there = Connection to postgis is working.

Any help?  Thank you!

Andi

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Cannot load geometries from PostGIS DB to vectors in m.apps enterprise, load to Attributes work

Hi Andi,

Which version of M.App Enterprise do you use here?

Do you use a DB administrator user (e.g. postgres) in the tenant DB connection string or a normal user?

I assume from your description that the PostGIS extension has been enabled on this DB correct?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Cannot load geometries from PostGIS DB to vectors in m.apps enterprise, load to Attributes work

Hello sclow
I use M.App Enterprise 16.5.604.1 on a 2016 Windows Server.

I found the 
The "fault" was that my tablenames in the postgres/gis Table are in upper and lower case letters. For FME and QGIS this is not important for m.Apps it is! PostGres/GIS itself has no Problems with casesensitiv table Names -> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43111996/why-postgresql-does-not-like-uppercase-table-names . They have to be quoted to use in SQL,  whereas unquoted names in your programming are always folded to lower case. I think this is the Problem with my tablenames in the "vector" tab.It was incomprehensible to me that I see the table under "attributes" tab. 

Can we use uppercase and lowercase letters in the near future, or is it the lowercase letters for the table names in M.app?

Thanks for your help

Andi

Highlighted
Staff

hi Andi,

that is not a problem of M.App Enterprise, like you mentioned the issue is with how you put the tablename in the SQL. We would need to allow you putting names in double quotes and this would make the Studio workflows for administrators and all of the related settings within our metadatabase very complicated. 

What I would suggest you is to use a synonym if you don't want to rename your tables.

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial