M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

DESKTOP - ACTION SET - Replicating native icons dynamic appearance in custom workflow icons

All 'native' (default) icons in the desktop app have this nice behaviour: their colors are being toggled when hovered upon using the cursor.

2 things happen (that are maybe just 1):

1. The background of the icon change its color.
  2. The drawing in icon change to white

For example:

icon toggling.gif

Is this behaviour can be replicated in the ACTION SET assigned icon? If so, how?

Technical Evangelist

Re: DESKTOP - ACTION SET - Replicating native icons dynamic appearance in custom workflow icons

[ Edited ]

Hi erangr,

I dont believe it possible to have this functionality with an added image for Action icon.

It will be limited by the specified image itself and lose this 'nice behavior' as a result.

I wonder though if other implementers have made this work as there is definitely many using the custom icon for actions.

HTH

sclow

Contributor

Re: DESKTOP - ACTION SET - Replicating native icons dynamic appearance in custom workflow icons

Hi sclow,

Thank you for the answer. Do you think this functionality is not possible due to special implementation of the 'native' icons? If not, maybe a correct set of image properties could do the effect, don't you think?

I found out that using a a PNG format - which supports transparency - yields some of the effect: it changes the color of the transparent part of icon to 'blend' with the bluish background color toggled. Nonetheless, I don't know how to do the 'opposite color toggling' like in the 'native' icons.

png_with_transparency.gif

Technical Evangelist

Hi erangr,

I dont believe there is special implementation of the native icons here.

What I meant in my earlier response is precisely what you've shown here.

The specified image and its properties for the icon will dictate and can limit how it behaves.

Given an image format to allow for this it should then respond to the .css settings.

I'm not certain how to apply the 'opposite color toggling', but it is something I can look into.

HTH

sclow