M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Staff
Accepted Solution

FUSION Studio Error

Hi Team,

We have installed M.App Enterprise v2019 and LuciadFusionServer for M.App Enterprise on separate server.

Both are installed successfully. Now when I launch the FUSION Studio from M.App Enterprise Server, it shows Authenticating on Web page and doesn't load the FUSION Studio inerface.

When I check the log file in the FUSION server, I found the following error: "unable to find valid certification path to requested target"

FYI, I have created Self signed certificate for both the servers.

M.App Server details:
Name: WIN-RAVBD6GVETC
Database provider: Postgres 9.6

FUSION Server details:
Name: DATASERVER
Database provider: Postgres 9.6
JDK : openjdk-13.0.1

PLease find attached the following for your reference:

1.application-fusion.production.yml 

2. fusion.log file and

3. FUSION Studio Error snapshot

Regards,
Shashank Mathur

Technical Evangelist

Re: FUSION Studio Error

Hi Shashank,

I beleive this issue is caused by your Self Signed certificate and its failure to establish a trust relationship over SSL with the MAE server.

You may try trusting this certificate, but I believe you will require a valid SSL certificate issued from trusted authority to use this over HTTPS.

Conversely, if HTTPS is not necessary in your case you may try using HTTP.

HTH

Staff

Hi Stephen,

I tried installing Fusion Server without HTTPS but still getting the same issue. Because FUSION server is sending post request "https://WIN-RAVBD6GVETC/api/v1/oauth2/check_token" to MAE server and not able to validate the self-signed certificate of MAE server.

Can I install MAE server without HTTPS? 

Or should I import the MAE server's self-signed certificate to JAVA truststore in FUSION server?

Regards,

Shashank

Technical Evangelist

HTTP is possible yes, but the MAE server would need to be HTTP as well as you suggest. Again, this should only be done in non-production/testing environments.

The original issue mentioned in this thread  is most likely the result of using self-signed certifcate on the M.App Enterprise Server.

A valid SSL certificate issued by a trusted provider will enable HTTPS fully for M.App Enterprise and consequently the Luciad Fusion Studio.

There is some information on other SSL possibilities in this discussion.

HTH

Staff

Hi Stephen,

We have refered this (URL: https://www.mkyong.com/webservices/jax-ws/suncertpathbuilderexception-unable-to-find-valid-certifica...) and imported the self signed certificate of MAE server in the JAVA trust store of FUSION server.

Now the problem is resoved. We can now able to launch the FUSION studio from MAE studio.

Thanks & Regards,

Shashank Mathur