M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Staff
Accepted Solution

How to rotate Point Geometry in Desktop App

Hi Team,

I am using M.App Enterprise v16.6.236.1. I have created a Desktop app. My requirement to rotate a point feature like we do in Redline.

Which Edit Action I should use to perform the Rotation of point?

Regards,

Shashank Mathur

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: How to rotate Point Geometry in Desktop App

Hi Shashank,

It is possible using ROTATE if you have a rotation field in the feature table to hold the rotation value after acceptance.

here is example:

SC.digitize('TESTPOINT', {commands: ['ROTATE'], startOnLoad: 'ROTATE', rotationField:'name of rotation field'}, [{FORM.ID1}])

HTH

Highlighted
Staff

Hi Stephen,

I tried it but its not rotating the geometry of the point feature. Its only updating the rotation field.

Regards,

Shashank

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Hi Shashank,

I need more information here to be of further help.

What is the database source of the point feature?

How is the point styled? Is rotation set to '0' in the Styleset or has it been set to use the 'Rotation Field'?

Provide screenshots as necessary, but I dont have enough information here now to provide further advice.

Highlighted
Staff

Thanks Stephen,

Now I tried by giving rotation field in the style and its working fine now. Actually, its only the symbol rotation. It doesn't rotate the geometry.

Is there a way to rotate the geometry? If I open this data in any other application or publish services (WMS / WMTS), it will not show rotated symbol because geometry is not rotated.

Regards,

Shashank

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Shashank,

In order to store the rotation for the point another column to use as rotationField is necessary as we've seen here. In MAE we don't store rotation in geometry anymore (not supported in all databases). This is due to the native geometry being used in MAE. It may be confusing or different than in the past since this would have worked previously in GeoMedia Smart Client because of the proprietary GDO format used with geometry there. In MAE only the native geometry column is used.

I hope that helps clarify the results you are seeing.

Highlighted
Staff

Thanks Stephen.

Regards,

Shashank