M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

M.App Enterprise 16.1 Beta - Value that disconnect session after inactivity in browser app.

Dear Community,

I like to define the time-value which sets the time that disconnect a session after inactivity in a in a browser app of M.App Enterprise. Should this set in IIS and Is this the same value as described in the below topic?

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/WebGIS-Q-A/Session-Expired-Do-you-want-to-resume-session/t...

Best Regards,

Wim

Highlighted
Staff

Re: M.App Enterprise 16.1 Beta - Value that disconnect session after inactivity in browser app.

Hi Wim,

The timeout is fixed to 15 minutes and can't be changed manually.

Regards,

Markus

Markus Holler
Product Line Director
Hexagon Geospatial
Regular Contributor

Re: M.App Enterprise 16.1 Beta - Value that disconnect session after inactivity in browser app.

Hello,

Does it work for all types of App? Desktop, Browser, Mobile?

Thank you.

Yohann.

Regular Contributor

Also, some maps can be set to be visible, embeded on public web sites.

Does it count in the statistic of use of MAE? Our customer cannot control this point so he is afraid about the use of the license. 

Thank you.

Regular Contributor

Hi yly,

we have customers using browser apps out of ME for public.

Yes, time is tracked - that's the licensing model for ME!

But: Our experience showed that, depending on the use case, the usage time is not as much as we thought.

You could check the access for an existing website to get an overview of what will come up with a public app.

Hope that helps

Stefan

GAUSS Ingenieurtechnik GmbH | Germany
Regular Contributor

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for your feed back.

Do you know if all MAE apps (Desktop, Browser and Mobile) are automatically disconnected after 15 min?

Thank you!

Regular Contributor

Hi yly,

yes, should be so. I tested it hard years ago for browser and desktop, see here

The product team had to answer a lot of questions. But as far as I can tell, this is working very solid!

In the meantime we have several projects based on the different clients and the hours fit very well to what our customers do!

Regards

Stefan

GAUSS Ingenieurtechnik GmbH | Germany
Regular Contributor

Perfect. Thank you Stefan!

Regular Contributor

Hello,

Do you confirm that the consumption of geoservices generated by MAE (WMS,WFS,WMTS) is not counted as hours of use of the system?

Thank you.

Regular Contributor

Also, our customer would like to know how is managed the work in disconnected mode?

Is there a process that count the use of the app?

Thank you.