M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Staff

Re: M.App Enterprise: Desktop App: Workflow to add geometry give error, because connection vienna se

Hi Stefano,

I just checked the geometries as suggested. I assume STIsValid returns 0 if a geometry is not valid. If that is so, then I believe all my geometries are valid. I ordered by the IsValid function return and the list begins with 1 (no zeros).

See attached SQL script and results.

Staff

Re: M.App Enterprise: Desktop App: Workflow to add geometry give error, because connection vienna se

Hi Jonny,

are you able to insert rows in your table by script? What coordinate system is your table supposed to use? And what is the CS for the map?

Looks like a conversion issue in SQLServer...

ciao,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Frequent Contributor

Hey Stefano,

• In the database the tablename = bagtiel, I created a vector data connection called = bagtiel
  • I use bagtiel as the tablename in the workflow, and bagtiel in the actionscript, as bagtiel in the action set.

I have still the same error.

Best Regards,

Wim

Staff

sorry Wim,

I did not notice it before: can you please check you have your primary key in the form definition? I guess it is gid, you can set it as visible="hidden". 

Thanks,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Frequent Contributor

Hey Stefano,

Yes, I have the gid in my form. It was defined as visible, but I set it to hidden now. Still the same error message :

• On Screen Message: "Error during saving geometry data!"
  • Desktop Client log "Error during save!"
  • M.App Enterprise Studio log = "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Best Regards,

Wim

Staff

would be simpler if you can post the workflow configuration xml files. You can find them (FormSettings and WorkflowSettings) in

[M.App Enterprise warehouse folder]\[tenant name]\Workflows\

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Frequent Contributor

Hey Stefano,

Attached the FormSettings and WorkflowSettings as requested.

Thank you,

Wim

Staff

Hi Wim,

please confirm you changed the visibility for gid to "hidden" or "true", because in the form you posted is set to "false" and that means it is not part of the form during the post.

Also please change your script action in this way to provide the primary key as parameter:

SC.digitize('bagtiel', {commands: ['NEWPOLYGON']}, [{FORM.gid}])

thanks,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Frequent Contributor

Hey Stefano,

I changed the "Action" script, to your example. I did set the gid field back to visible=true. I get the following error:

- I don't get the possiblity to add a new geomtry. It is not possible to draw a new building.
- No error on screen. Nothing happens
- Desktop Client Log : Internal server error.
- M.App Enterprise Studio Log: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I have also added a video.

Thanks,
Wim 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hey Stefano,

Hereby also my current worflow and form settings.

Best Regards,

Wim