M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

M.App Enterprise sum measure in Theme and Additional themes (chart configuration)

[ Edited ]

Hello there.

I'm having some difficulties to stablish few different themes in M.App Enterprise.

First, I stablish the principal theme configuration, select the field name (string1), classification and for Mesure I select the sum option and the field name (integer1) with 0 for precision.

Then in the chart configuration tab, adding an aditional tab, I do the same configuration as mentioned before, selecting string2 and sum integer2, string3 and sum integer3, etc.

And for every one I select to include the values in labels

But it doesn't work for additional themes, only for the principal, the additional themes throw 0 for the sum for every additional theme.

Some one knows what can be wrong?

I also tried changing the principal theme, for example with string2 and integer2 and the result was succesful, but adding string1 and integer1 as an additional theme result all values in 0.

Thanks!!!

(There's an attached file showing the example.)

Technical Evangelist

Re: M.App Enterprise sum measure in Theme and Additional themes (chart configuration)

Hi elflakoconk,

I dont see the same behaviour as you and I've tried this on MAE 2019 Update 2 and 2018 Update 4 versions with same result.

When I set the main theme the Sum works just as you say.

Theme.JPG

When adding a theme I change the field name of theme to categorize different information, but I use the same fieldname as the summing field. In this case it works again to sum the values.

theme1.JPG

Perhaps a little more information on your case would be helpful and/or you can review what I present here and let me know if I'm not understanding the issue correctly.

HTH

Contributor

Re: M.App Enterprise sum measure in Theme and Additional themes (chart configuration)

Hi sclow, than you for your attention.

I need to use different fields as you can see in the attached image.The problem happens when I apply the sum into additional themes.

For the main theme everything is all rigth, everythings works ok. But the values in labels for the other ones (using sum, min, max, average, or whatever) appear in 0. 

When I set any field that i'm using as an additional them to main, the operation works.

The problem happens only for additional themes.

Staff

Not sure if I´m getting it rigth...

I thing that the problem is more of a "logic" thing. The theme need a categorical value in the "field name" and then a numeric value to be used as a messure otherwise it will give you "0" since it does not have information for a Pie graphic.

Could you share more information with us? things like the type of data in the field you are using and what is that you want to show may help us better understand.

Staff

I don't understand how works the logic in order the thematic display is applied to boundaries. It works on some examples, but not on others, and allways I'm doing the opreation sum a numeric value atribute on feature and theme . Also I cheked that field foreign and primary key are correct.

Where we can donwload the update 2 of M app Enterprise 2019 ??, I don't see on download pages ready.

Contributor

Hi again.

I don't know exactly why, but here's what I did.

Before adding an additional theme with field name "String 2" (categorical), sum value "integer 2" (measure). I'd add an additional chart wirh the same data (dield name "String 2", sum value "integer 2") and now it works. I can see the sum of all values for each categorical data as a label in the theme chart.

The type of data i'm using is string for categorical deffinition in the field name, this for main and additional themes and integer values for the sum measure for bot themes too.

Staff

Hello jfornos

The current M.App Enterprise can be downloaded from here:

https://download.hexagongeospatial.com/downloads/mapp-enterprise/m-app-enterprise-2019