M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 79
Registered: ‎11-15-2018
Accepted Solution

MAE: Desktop Workflow problem with german mutated vowels like ü

Hello,

 

We have problems with german mutated vowels like ü in MAE Desktop query names used in workflows.

If we call query in FormSettings it works fine:

 

<FormAction name="Info" label="Info" action="SCRIPT[SC.Map.executeSelectionSetQuery('Info Tümer').then(function(){
						SC.Map.closeWebBrowser()})]"  />



But if we call query in javascript file which is attached in form <Form customscript= ... >

 

IG.myexecuteAndClose = function() {
SC.Map.executeSelectionSetQuery('Info Tümer').then(function(){
SC.Map.closeWebBrowser()}) 
}

we get an error that query is not found (java.lang.Throwable: Query 'Info T*mer' isn't known in feature ...)
Mutated vowel is shown encrypted.

 

In our FormSettings utf8 is set:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

 

What is wrong or missing?
Thank you very much,

 

regards Iris

Technical Evangelist
Posts: 857
Registered: ‎11-12-2015

Re: MAE: Desktop Workflow problem with german mutated vowels like ü

Hi Iris,

 

Even in the workflow web.config the UTF-8 encoding is set

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

 

You can try setting the globalization encoding at the workflow web.config to see if that helps

Here is an example

 <system.web>
    <compilation targetFramework="4.6.1" />
    <httpRuntime targetFramework="4.6" />
    <customErrors mode="Off" defaultRedirect="~/Error" />
    <httpHandlers>
      <add path="*.less" verb="GET" type="dotless.Core.LessCssHttpHandler, dotless.AspNet" />
    </httpHandlers>
	<globalization requestEncoding="UTF-8" responseEncoding="UTF-8" fileEncoding="UTF-8" />
  </system.web>

 If the issue perists I suggest openening a support ticket for further investigation.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 79
Registered: ‎11-15-2018

Re: MAE: Desktop Workflow problem with german mutated vowels like ü

Hi,

I added UTF-8 configuration to our web.config and it works!


Unfortuanetely I didn't test workflow before adding UTF, so I deleted UTF8 config again in order to see if failure still exists but it doesn't.
So I don't know what was the problem, but main thing, problem is solved,

 

thanks a lot,
regards Iris