M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

MAE Mobile: use different app menus

Hi all,

does anybody know if it is possible to use different app menus? Let's say, I have two different "user groups" and in the Menu.xaml I would like to configure the navigation targets from Shell.xaml that are visible to each group. The groups can be distinguished by querying an entity defined in Shell.xaml.

Thanks and regards,

Ariane

Highlighted
Staff

Re: MAE Mobile: use different app menus

It may be possible using a custom script show or hide things, (haven´t tried) but I must ask: Why?

I do understand what why you would like to provide different groups of users with different capabilities in the app, but that is exactly why we have the user groups in M.Apps Ent.

The app configuration is so small that It will make no difference to have one application or to have one for each group.

I can list many advantages of having separate apps configured for each user group but can't think of many to do the opposite.

Maybe I’m missing something here ?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: MAE Mobile: use different app menus

Thanks for your answer - somehow I have overseen it until now... 

Maybe you are right. But I think it depends... in fact we are already using two different app configurations for two different MAE user groups. But I would need the menu difference within an existing MAE user group. First, there is no basis on MAE level to identify these additional user groups (only on DB level atm). Second, I wouldn't describe app configurations as "so small" per se... imo it does make a difference maintaining two or three of these configurations. 

I just thought that it might be possible Smiley Happy E.g. an option to use scripts within Menu.xaml would be great.

Best regards,

Ariane