M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

Mapp Enterprise desktop app doesn't close on windows 7

Dear Community,

I installed the latest version of MAE (16.6.265.2) and the client is a W7 SP1 64bit pc with a freshly installed AppLauncher.

In the Desktop client, if a workflow is activated during the session, when the user close the application the Desktop client doesn't close correctly and freezes. We checked this on multiple machines and the behaviour is the same. Is there any solution to this problem or I'll need to downgrade to the previous version of MAE ? (some users for some reasons still won't upgrade w7 to w10)

Regards,

Massimiliano

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Mapp Enterprise desktop app doesn't close on windows 7

Hi Massimilano,

As you may know Windows 7 OS reached End Of Life with Microsoft last week (January 14, 2020).

You may check the client PC against the system requirements outlined here, but I'm afraid any issues that may have come up in the meantime are likely to remain.

I highly recommend and suggest having the client PC upgraded to Windows 10. Should they resist as you say I suppose then you have the option to roll back the version of M.App Enterprise 2019 if the issue was not present on the previous version.

HTH

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Mapp Enterprise desktop app doesn't close on windows 7

Ok, thank you Sclow