M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Oracle Database Version 19c

Is Oracle database version 19c supported currently by M.App?
If not, is it going to be supported the next version?
Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Oracle Database Version 19c

Hi Adel,

we are currently testing MAE on Oracle 19c. As soon as I do know the results of the tests, I will let you know and also update the system requirements.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Highlighted
Contributor

Are there any news in this matter?

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

We finished up the testing and the database version 19c is supported.

On the client side we are not offering the possibility to upgrade to 19c. There is a technical reason behind of it:

Oracle changed the behaviour how the specific DLL is getting into the assembly cache (which is mandatory for MAE to work with Oracle). With version 18c I think they are offering a config bat, where they are taking the DLL from the client installation folder and putting it for example in the assembly cache. This must be done manually on the customer side and can't be automated with MAE.

Next issue is that they aren't neither upwards compatible (which is clear to a certain point) nor downwards compatible, that means MAE can only offer support Oracle version 12 or 19 and not both at the same time. If we are doing the upgrade on the client side to 19c we are forcing every customer to upgrade to the newest client version as well, which could be a problem.

Tl;dr: Oracle database 19c is supported on the server side. On the client side we are staying on the version 12.1.

Kind regards,

Stefan