M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Oracle Vector Data

Hi Guys , 

So I am relativly new to M.app Ent , so maybe I missed something.

If someont can point me in the right direction.

I am trying to import vector data from Oracle but the busy indicator just keeps running with no results.I have left it for about 15min with no return.No no error popup , checked the developer console and no problems in there.

Just to also mention , the connection made works , able to instantly return attribute data.

Kind Regards

Jacques

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Oracle Vector Data

Hi Jacques,

it looks like related to oracle spatial metadata. Can you please check logs in Studio (security -> logs).

regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Stefano,

My apologies , I scrached around the file system for log file , and it was right in front of me the entire time. Smiley Frustrated

Yes , you are correct.I get a System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element error.

So , will the vector data section return all related data of the oracle schema ie tables and views.Reason me asking is that the schema contains alot of them , just looking for a way to pin point the one given the issues.

Kind Regards

Jacques

Highlighted
Staff

[ Edited ]

yes, all of the objects within that schema the user is granted to. you can maybe have another user in the db and grant him a subset and then use that user in the connection string in Studio.

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Stefano ,

Yes , started doing that , so far so good , I suspect that it is a view causing the issue.

Many thanks.

Jacques

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Stefano,

I have started as suggested , but due to migration issues my schema was roled back.

So I have to find out what causes the vector list not to load the hard way.

So question is , I have to go through a process of elimination.

How does M.app Ent list vector data , from gdosys or mdsys or does it list actual schema content.

Why I am asking is , the schema I am using only consist of views , would it help me in any way to disable all views and test them one by one?

FYI , For some reason , like I mentioned earlier , I left the process to load vector list for about 15min , nothing gets listed , this is still the case but now there is no error entry anymore.

Kind Regards

Jacques

Highlighted
Staff

it uses native oracle metadata, so only mdsys schema objects, in particular user_sdo_geom_metadata view.

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks Stefano!

Much Appreciated.