M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Staff

Parameterize URL in browse URL action

Hi

I defined a new action for my desktop app that should browse a URL in native browser and I want to add the id of the selected object to this URL. I defined the URL like this:

http://myhomepage/?someOtherParameters&ID={SESSION.MAP.MapSelection}

When I start the action in my desktop app, the URL is browsed without replacing the actual ID in the URL. In my log file I can find the following error message:

17.07.2020 13:49:32 WARNING: CGI parameter 'SESSION.MAP.MapSelection' isn't known!

Thanks for any hints,

regards

Carmen

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Parameterize URL in browse URL action

[ Edited ]

Hi Carmen,

Please try it using {SESSION.MAPSELECTION}

This was working for me in testing.

so here is an example using the primary key from MAPSELECTION to bring up the form with values populated from the current selected feature

http://131.163.20.226/Workflows/Form?workflow=HalifaxWorkflow&lang=en-US&sessionid=xxx&tenant=xxx&nodeid=EditCrime&id1={SESSION.MAPSELECTION}

HTH

Stephen

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Parameterize URL in browse URL action

Hi Stephen

Thanks for your reply. I tried little more, but I don't succeed. I see two problems / differences regarding your suggestions:

1. I have a desktop app without any workflows. I just want to open a URL in a browser using my id of the selected element. It is not a workflow that should open
  2. In my mapp_session table I can only find entries for UserId, UserName, UserRoles... When I set active my layer and select any features, there are no additional entries made into my mapp_session table

Do you or anybody else have experience as well in this context?

Regards

Carmen