M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Pixel transparency / nodata management in WMS service and Desktop client

Hello community,

I have jp2000 files with no data parts (255,255,255) and I need to make them transparent in MappE WMS service.

I can't figure out how to do this.

Any idea or experience is welcomed.

Thanks very much.

Kind regards

Elodie

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Pixel transparency / nodata management in WMS service and Desktop client

Hi Elodie,

I am not aware of a method to post process no data values in MAE.

My inclination would be that this could be done using Spatial Recipe, but that would be a pre process to the WMS service.

There was some chatter on that topic in particular in the past that you may find useful.

Highlighted

I think M.App Enterprise uses APOLLO Core to produce WMS/WMTS, right?

If yes, it should be possible to apply a post-process styling (last adv styling icon in Core Console) or set those values as null using a styling formula. For that, you probably need to access APOLLO using the a Core Console (see https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/APOLLO-ECW-Q-A/Remote-Management-for-APOLLO-Core/ta-p/327...). And maybe edit the APOLLO Core config.xml if you need to access it from outside the server with the Console (disable "Allow connection only from localhost" by adding/editing "<EcwpmgrLocalhostOnly>false</EcwpmgrLocalhostOnly>").

I have never tested that BTW Smiley LOL

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys,

So just to make sure I understand, as long as I have set the value 255 to No Data for the image, it should be displayed correctly in my WMS service?

Because i tried this just as a test using Imagine to set the nodata value but it didn't work.

I've attached a screenshot of the image with nodata at 255.

What is strange is that I tried to create a subset of that image and i got a product where the nodata is now 0 and opacity layer is Yes and the image shows up without the blank area both in Imagine and Desktop app in MappE.

I am yet to try the spatial modeler option but i hope it does work with the 255 set to nodata directly.

Because once this is working, I would have to find a way to do affect the 255 to No data automatically for sure.

In regards of that, Florent, thanks for the tip. Yes the WMS-WMTS is managed via Apollo Core and i can find a erdas-iws folder in the MappE home folder. The thing is I do need to be able to do this automatically because the whole workflow from image production and publication is and the images are generated regularly and I can't afford manual intervention in the process.

Is it possible to do the tip you are recommending directly in some config files?

Kind regards

Elodie