M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Questions to EPSG Transformation, WFS and Feature Analyzer

[ Edited ]

Dear all

I have started working with Smart M.app Enterprise 16.1 (Browser) and it looks very promising.
But I got some simple questions concerning my data and some workflows.

1) I would like to embed several vector layers (borders, districts, lake etc.) in the Browser Application.

Our vector layers are defined in our local coordinate system (EPSG 21781). I got a map from Openstreetmap (EPSG 3857) as my base map and my map view is also defined in EPSG 3857.

Unfortunately, my vector layers are not displayed in the Browser (obviously because of the wrong coordinate system). Can somebody tell me how to transform my vector layers from EPSG 21781 to EPSG 3857 in Smart M.app? I saw some settings to define customs CRS (not possible for EPSG 21781) or via Map Views (Transformation failed). A step-by-step instruction would be very helpful.

2) Does anybody have some interesting Online Files (Data URL for Feature/Online Data) to play around with the Feature Analyzer?
I have some problems with defining the date/time format in the Feature Analyzer.

3) Are there any known issues or bugs with WFS integration? I can’t embed the following WFS:
http://maps.zh.ch/wfs/TBAStrZHWFS?SERVICE=WFS&Request=GetCapabilities

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Sajan

Staff

Re: Questions to EPSG Transformation, WFS and Feature Analyzer

Hi Sajan,

1. the transformation is automatically done by the server. So you can have your data in any CS and use them with different CS of the MapView. I'm wondering how you did imported your data if the CS is not available??
  2. are you using data from a vectorset in the feature analyzer or a local/online file (in this case please check this post)? If data are stored in the db one of the suggested patterns should work. Capture.PNG 
  3. please add &version=1.1.1 to the url and it should work.

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks Stefano

I have an additional question to point 2:

I'm using PostGIS and I'm still trying to register a "date-field". Unfortunately, I'm always receiving the following error message:

Error1SM.JPG

In PostGIS, it looks like this:

Error2SM.JPG

I already tried it with different data types (integer, numeric) and different formats (e.g. 19740101000000 --> YYYYmmddHHMMSS).

Can somebody help me out? I haven't tried to change the datatype to "date". Has somebody has a Postgresql-Statement to change the datatype from numeric to date? Maybe that's the solution.

Regards,

Sajan

Staff

Hi Sajan,

you can simply convert it to string (creating the pattern you prefer) and then you can specify this pattern in the datetime format setting of feature analyzer.

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial