M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

STUDIO - CONTENT - GEOSERVICES - Does MAE support ArcGIS map or feature services?

[ Edited ]

The ArcGIS platform has its own web publishing formats beside the OGC's. The Map and Feature services are particularly in great use and are, generally speaking, equivalent to WMS and WFS respectively.

Does this two web services can be used in MAE?

If so, how to insert them? Is there something to add or omit in the URL?

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: STUDIO - CONTENT - GEOSERVICES - Does MAE support ArcGIS map or feature services?

Hi erangr,

Typically, MAE doesn't discern between source of the webservices it allows connection to. Only that it should be valid and working webservice.

I have known WMS's coming from Arcgis server that are not treated any differently in terms of workflow to get them into MAE > Geoservices.

All is needed is the endpoint URL as with any other WMS.

I dont know of Arcgis WFS to test specifically, but I suspect it would be the same.

Have you tried any of these WMS or WFS URLs in MAE? Or are you just asking general question here?

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: STUDIO - CONTENT - GEOSERVICES - Does MAE support ArcGIS map or feature services?

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for the quick answer.

I've tried several but none of them worked. Nonetheless, ArcGIS' Server can publish WMS per se and then it's recognized by MAE.

Can you please check this ArcGIS Map Service URL and see if it works in your MAE?

https://ags.iplan.gov.il/arcgis/rest/services/PlanningPublic/train_compilation/MapServer

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Can you provide a valid GetCapabilities URL for that service? I can try then. For now I am unable to connect to that service even in browser through several manipulations of the URL you have provided. Each time it is only error and response to contact the IL government and they will help me find what I am looking for LOL

Here is WMS coming from Ireland that uses Arcgis service, you may test this one in MAE.

https://maps.marine.ie/arcgis/services/Infomar/All_Backscatter/ImageServer/WMSServer?request=GetCapa...

Highlighted
Contributor

I'm afraid, as the path implies, that this is a WMS per se and ONLY produced by ArcGIS Server software. That is: it is not an ArcGIS Map Service nor a Feature Service.

I think it can be said with great certainty that this kind of services aren't supported in MAE (please correct if you think I'm wrong). I'll raise it as an idea.

* I don't think that GM support this services so if you want to consume the service I sent, please download QGIS and set it in it's own datasource section.

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

I'm afraid I misunderstood the topic of this post. Sorry for the confusion.

The ArcGIS map/feature services are supported as an external service for use in Analyzer Views.

This has been available functionality in MAE since version 2018.

Please review it there and see if it meets your needs before submitting a Product Idea

ArcgisFeatureService.JPG