M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

Setting table field name starting with upper case letter in Workflow form

Dear all, I am trying to build a workflow form in MET 16.1, I have a table in postgres called U_user starting with upper case letter, when trying to fill the table field in the workflow with u_user it gives an error 42P01: relation "u_user" does not exist. I tried to put the name inside single quotes 'U_user' or double quotes "U_user" but when saving the workflow it gives the following error: The 'table' attribute is invalid - The value "U_user" is invalid according to its datatype 'SQLName' - The pattern constraint failed. What it the solution now? Thanks Khaled
Technical Evangelist

Re: Setting table field name starting with upper case letter in Workflow form

[ Edited ]

Dear Khaled,

Single or double quotes are indeed invalid here.

Check please that the workflow connection user has proper privileges against the database.

What database type are you using here?

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Setting table field name starting with upper case letter in Workflow form

Khaled,

this is not supported currently. If you use special char or upper case char in a table definition the only way to refer to this table name is to use name in doublie quotes. Unfortunately we cannot use double quotes in our placeholders, otherwise any name will be case sensitive. Please always use lowercase and no special char in your table definition.

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial