M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Styleset Scaling: scale-sets disappear

Hey,

In the Styleset I have the possibility to define different styles for different scales. However, I have experienced that for Point Symbology, all additional scales disappear after saving and cannot be displayed.

To reconstruct:

Styleset > define style of Point Dataset

> define Scale 0 - 1000 > define point style

> new Scale (ex. 1000-3000) > define Point style

> save

> Edit again

>> Second scale has disappeared

(also attached as record)

Is this a known bug?

The same problem appears for polygon but seems fine for the definition of different text-scaling-styles.

Regards,

Hella

Technical Evangelist

Re: Styleset Scaling: scale-sets disappear

Hi Hella,

I am unable to replicate the issue given the workflow you provide. The scale ranges with point symbolizers are saved and remain upon my return to the style. I am using M.App Enterprise version 2018 with Update 1. Is it same for you?

The style definitions from stylesets are saved to the Tenant metadatabase and can be investigated there. They are named by the style in the 'MAPP_STYLESET' table and the style definition is xml encoded. Whatever is encoded there should be what is displayed in the GUI when using Studio. Perhaps there is a permissions issue when saving the style to your metadatabase?

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your response!

I am also working with 2018 and Update 1 (Version 16.5.604.1).

Where exactly is the xml of the style set located? I couldn't find it so far within the Folder of my tenant..

Frequent Contributor

Additional Information:

I have tested this issue on another tenant on mappzone-hexagonsi.eu and have experienced the same problem.

Technical Evangelist

The xml for the style from the styleset is found in the Tenant Metadatabase within the table MAPP_STYLE.

If the scaling has been saved properly then you should see tags such as <MinScaleDenominator> and <MaxScaleDenominator> within the xml. As I mentioned these styles are presented in the GUI so whatever is here should be in the GUI when accessing the Styleset styles.

mapp_style.PNG

If you are finding discrepency between the xml values and what is presented in the GUI (or some other issue) I would suggest opening a support ticket to further investigate it.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks, perfect!

Indeed, I can see the different scales in the xml that are missing in the GUI. Thus, I'm going to open a support ticket.

Regards,

Hella