M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

Unable to add Imagery in M.App Studio

Hi,

I am trying add the image from my local drive as well as through localhost, both are valid path and I have added the http and https in IIS sites also but i am unable to load the data, its showing error 500 internal server error.

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Unable to add Imagery in M.App Studio

Hi Rathan,

Is the Path being specified UNC specific down to the precise image file?

Here is some information on adding imagery in MAE.

If yes and issue persists please provide screenshots of issue and/or log results. You may also consider opening a support ticket should issue persist.

HTH

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Sclow,

The path is UNC specified only. Please see the attached screenshot below,

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Rathan,

This path you show is not UNC specific. It points to local 'D:' drive. As the documentation states it is required here UNC and it should be checked the permissions on that folder as well if issues remain after specifying the UNC path to the image.

UNCpath.PNG

Here is working example of imagery obtained via UNC path. Please note the '\\' defining the UNC path

UNCpath.PNG

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, guys.

Last week I faced the same generical error 500 when I tried to add a new raster datasource.

I followed your tips up, changing regular path to UNC path.

I tried also placed the image in directory within MAE server. I used jpeg and tif samples. 

In all these cases it gives me "Failed to load resouce: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)"

Once it does not process the raster I could not access any log info.

I'm using 

Anyone could give me any clue about this?

MAE 16.6.3 Windows Server 2016 64bits

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Yuri,

You should configure and share the C:\Temp folder (i.e. in Windows Explorer, right click on the "Temp" folder, select property, and go to the "Sharing" tab, make sure Everyone and IIS USER has Read Access), then you should be able to use the UNC path \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\Temp\ABC.tif 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Frank

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Frank, thanks.
I changed the permission in the folder as you recommended, and then I could access the directory directly (without using "C$").

Also, I included IIS_IUSRS as read/write permission level user... Everyone also has same permissional level.

I tried to point to a folder and to an exactly raster file, without success...

Once again, I tried both: pointing out the files from client (using network unc path) and from local server (using direct path "C:\\...")

In these all ocasions the error still happening.

POST http://XXX.XX.XX.XXX:8080/api/v1/studio/content/imagery 500 (Internal Server Error)

In Network > Response, there is the message "This request has no response data available".

It is like the folder and data were unreachable.

Thks again