M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Where is the log file for M.App Enterprise installation and running message?

Hello,

Where can I find the log file for enterprise installation if I meet some problem? After the last step of installation, installer displayed "start service failed"(I used a local user who is in local administrators group). I want to check the detail reason. But I can't find the detailed message.

Thanks,

xiaoming

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Where is the log file for M.App Enterprise installation and running message?

Hello Xiaoming,

are you sure, that you are accessing the Warehouse with a user, who has administrative rights? The only reason, that this error comes up is, when the user hasn't sufficient rights to start the service.

To answer you question, there is no log file for the installation process of M.App Enterprise.

Hope that helps,

Stefan

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Where is the log file for M.App Enterprise installation and running message?

Sorry Xiaoming. My answer was only partly correct. You can force the creation of a log file during the installation process. Just start the Setup.exe in the command tool with the following parameters:

M.App Enterprise.exe /L*V Log.txt

Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Contributor

It seems that I have installed it. I am going to next step.

Thanks Stefan,