M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Workflow Editor error - Form

Hi 

I have been trying to set up a very simple Workflow that only contains one Form for the end user to populate to create one row of data in SQL database. An action button is also included to sumbit the data.

I have been getting this error when executing the Form in desktop application:

A public action method 'null' was not found on controller 'MApp.Workflows.FormController'.a few seconds ago 
System.Web.HttpException: A public action method 'null' was not found on controller 'MApp.Workflows.FormController'.
   [Details]
   Href: https://demo.hexagonsafetyinfrastructure.co.nz:443/Workflows/Form/null?workflow=southroadWorkflow&lang=en-US&sessionid=38b8d4e1-67b4-450f-af85-4d413c37e287&tenant=NZDemo_TN01&nodeid=nodeMaterialForm&debugMode=true
   at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.HandleUnknownAction(String actionName)
   at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState)
   at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState)
   at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

My data schema is simple:

USE [southroads]
GO

/****** Object: Table [dbo].[jobMaterial] Script Date: 1/24/2018 6:53:45 PM ******/
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[jobMaterial](
[id] [varchar](200) NOT NULL,
[jobNo] [int] NOT NULL,
[material] [nvarchar](200) NOT NULL,
[amount] [decimal](10, 1) NOT NULL,
[rate] [decimal](11, 3) NOT NULL,
[dateEntered] [date] NOT NULL,
[sourceFrom] [nvarchar](100) NOT NULL,
[noPO] [bit] NULL,
[inStock] [bit] NULL,
PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED
(
[id] ASC
)WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
) ON [PRIMARY]
GO

Can any one point me to the right direction to debug this issue?

Cheers

Yuan

Staff

Re: Workflow Editor error - Form

Hi Yuan,

can you please post your form configuration?

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Frequent Contributor

Re: Workflow Editor error - Form

[ Edited ]

thanks Stefano. I am fairly new to Workflows. I think I figured out why, I didn't config the Action button to submit the change.

It started working after I configured the action button with correction Action static value.

Cheers

Yuan