M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Staff
Accepted Solution

unable to add multipart polygons to content in MApp Enterprise?

Hi

I have 7 country wide datasets of conservation lands and features.  Only 3 of 7 will display in the Vector Data (Content) tab. It appears all 4 'multipart' polygon feature types do not display in the vector data tab. Connection is to postgres database

the 3 vector tables that do work are not multipart polygons, they are point and multiline

is there a known issue handling 'multipart polygons? as this is the only thing in common across all datasets that wont work

thanks

Highlighted
Staff

Re: unable to add multipart polygons to content in MApp Enterprise?

Hi,

you mean the system cannot find those datasets connecting to the database? I do have multipolygon features displayed on my system. Please check for additional causes with PostGIS, for instance I had an issue with tables created using names with double quotes.

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Staff

hi

seems i found the issue. I overlooked the differences with the filenames containing _  and -   the multipart polygons datasets all included - in their tablenames

for example   mammal-marine-sancturies appear in postgis database fine, but fail to display in the content/vector tab in mapp enterprise

when renamed to mammal_marine_sancturies  it now appears..

kind regards,

Highlighted
Staff

thanks for sharing the solution. Indeed the only way to create a table using hyphen in the name is by including the name in double quotes, but then you have always to refer to it using double quotes in all the statements.

Regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial