Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise Tutorials

Not sure on how to get started or looking for a workflow to get M.App Enterprise up and running. Tutorials provide step by instruction on some of the most common configurations and workflows to get M.App Enterprise configured up and running quickly.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to add a My Geoservice WMS as a layer in Analyzer Views

by sclow ‎01-10-2019 05:08 AM - edited ‎01-10-2019 05:10 AM (157 Views)

How to add a My Geoservice WMS as a layer in Analyzer Views 

This tutorial describes how to add a My Geoservice WMS as a layer in M.App Enterprise Analyzer Views. 

Analyzer Views in M.App Enterprise accept an input Feature Data layer as well as a Boundary Layer. Often times it is useful to add additional layers to the Analyzer View for reference or analysis support. M.App Enterprise offers the functionality of creating Geoservices (WMS, WMTS) from existing datasets or vectorsets that can be displayed in Analzyer Views.

Note: This tutorial assumes the My Geoservice has already been created and published as a WMS and as such is ready to be added to an Analyzer View.

Getting the Endpoint URL and layer name from My Geoservice GetCapabilities 

1. Using the GetCapabilities request of the My Geoservice WMS we can gather the Endpoint URL and layer name to be used. The URL’s for My Geoservices are documented here and for WMS the URL follows this template: 

http(s)://SERVERNAME/api/v1/geoservices/wms/TENANTNAME/SERVICENAME?request=GetCapabilities 

2. Here we have a My Geoservice named ‘EBR’ that resides in the ‘Support_SQL2016’ tenant on a server identified by IP address ‘131.163.20.226’ (this is only an example and it may be a qualified host name) 

http://131.163.20.226/api/v1/geoservices/wms/Support_SQL2016/EBR?request=GetCapabilities 

3. From this GetCapabilities request we see the Endpoint URL and layer name that will be used in Analyzer Views. 

urlLayername.png

Adding the WMS layer in Analyzer Views 

1. Open a new or existing Analyzer View and from the configuration menu select ‘Layers’ to add the WMS wmslayer.png
  2. Use the form to ‘Add’ a WMS layer specifying the Endpoint URL as ‘Server URL’ and the layer Title as the ‘Layer Name’. ‘Display Name’ will be of the users choice and it will result in what the layer name will be shown as in Analyzer View ‘Layers’ menu. Choose 'Apply' to accept the parameters.layerParameters.png

Displaying the WMS layer in Analyzer Views 

1. By default the WMS layer when added is Displayed ‘Off’. To turn it ‘On’ access the Menu and from ‘Layers’ check the box associated with the WMS layer. layersTurnedOn.png
Overview
Contributors