Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

BI Wizard 2018, where did the custom attributes and totals go?

In previous versions of the BI wizard it was possible to add custom attributes and custom totals in the data table screen. Those options are no longer there in the 2018 (16.5) version, have they been moved to a differend screen or have they been completely removed?

Staff

Re: BI Wizard 2018, where did the custom attributes and totals go?

Nothing has changed in the wizard. I just tested it and it is working (attached a sample).

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Occasional Contributor

Hi Stefano,

Thank you for your fast reply.

Strange, mine looks like attached screenshot. Both options are gone. 

In previous versions it looked like your screenshot but not after the upgrade to 2018.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Occasional Contributor

So after some further troubleshooting with hints from the Hexagon support team (Stephen) I figured out that the custom attributes and totals are no longer available when using web services as a source for the data.

When using database (vector data in M.App Enterprise content) data you do get the custom attributes and totals, so that was the difference between my test and the screenshots from Stephen and Stephano. 

Unfortunately this does mean that the custom attributes and totals have been removed when using services which allemost all or our customers use! So we really need them to be available again before we can upgrade any of our customers to the 2018 version!

This leads to one more follow up questions, why was it removed in the 2018 version, was there a specific reason, an oversight, can we get them back?

Staff

the BI Wizard hasn't changed. What does "using web services as a source for the data" means? 

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Occasional Contributor

Hi Stephano,

I figured it out, if you only add attribute data the custom attributes and totals don't appear (this was also in the old version), however once you add vector data the options appear... Not sure why that is but I can work with this.

Dennis

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.