Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

BI map - Heat Map visualization for points

Hi 

Has anyone had success in setting up a heatmap based on the density of the points in BI maps?

I have been struggling to get this one working. This is what I have been getting so far - no heat map, all points are displaying in one colour. Smiley Sad

HeatmapNotWorkingInBIMap.png

Cheers

Yuan

Technical Evangelist

Re: BI map - Heat Map visualization for points

Hi Yuan,

If you look closer, there's more than one color. The contours are rather yellowish. Try to adjust the color distribution to achieve different color asisgnments per dimension values.

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Frequent Contributor

Re: BI map - Heat Map visualization for points

Thanks Jan.

I have achieved better results by playing with the colour.

HeatmapSample.png

However I am still not clear on:

1. How is the heatmap supposed to be related to the dimension value? For example in my case I use Unique ID as the dimension, how can I use the dimension values of ID to change the looking of the heatmap? I thought the looking of heatmap is purely dependent on the proximity of the points.

2. Is it the expected behaviour that the filtering done on the widgets (e.g., pie chart) doesn't change the heatmap?

Thanks

Yuan

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.