Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Staff

BI related issues

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Im getting the followng issues with BI apps:

1. I can't create a BI configuration based on SQLServer datasource. I've tried the suggestion proposed here, but the configuration in my case looks different. I can create BI based on PostGIS datasource.
  2. When a BI is created if I try to modify it I will not get the previous configuration. Basically the wizard starts from the scratch.
  3. The app won't work anyway, even with BI based on PostGIS datasource. The app stops loading just at the beginning and in the console looking at the json downloaded the response is {"message":"Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: value"}.  app.0c5b0ff0d7154cb2.js:719 onerrorLogger: {"e":{"message":"Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: value"},"message":"Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: value","logData":{"msg":"Uncaught Exception","errorMsg":"Uncaught [object Object]","url":"https://[Server]/BrowserClient/app.0c5b0ff0d7154cb2.js","line number":710,"column":1}}

Any suggestion?

thanks,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Staff

Re: BI related issues

Hi Stefano,

Did you advance in this theme? I'm having a problem to configure BI too.

I've used the same dataset to configure in M.App Studio (in the cloud) and it's ok! I can work! But, when I try to configure in the Enterprise, I don't know what's happening.

Do you know if there is a way to monitoring some log?
Detail: I'm using PostGIS database.

Look the images: The first is using Cloud. The second is Enterprise. With enterprise, I can't close the charts, i can't see the Map, etc.

Is this type of problem that you are having?

Best Regards,

Wolmar

MappStudio_Cloud.png

MappStudio_Enterprise.png

Staff

Hi Wolmar,

in my case the BI configuration wizard on top of PostGIS database looks working fine, but then I can't see the result in the App where my BI config is selected. 

Different topic is with SQLServer database: in that case I can't even select the feature, so I get stuck at step 1 of the wizard.

In your case I guess there is something related to the data content. Any error should be inspected in the Javascript console cause it's a client side component.

ciao,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Staff

Thanks for the tip Stefano!

I'll try to verify the Javascript Component.

Best Regards,

Wolmar

Regular Contributor

Have you guys got any further with your BI map issues?

I am trying to setup a BI Map against vector data stored in Oracle and the BI Wizard doesn't find any attributes or primary key. I get the issue with Oracle Tables and Views. The tables and views contain geometry and attributes.

Staff

I am now able to setup the BI: the problem in my case was that some records in the database had no geometry defined. I didn't test yet Oracle, only PostGIS and SQLServer. I will try to have a look at it. 

How is your primary key defined? Is it a number or a string? Can you please check the data type?

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I have tested tables containing number and string primary keys. Both fail to display any attributes in the BI Wizard. Please let me know how you get on testing Oracle.

Staff

Colin,

I've tried with some datasets stored in Oracle and it looks to me there are problems indeed. I can't understand what is wrong because I get different behavior for each table. In my case I get a list of attributes which is different from the real columns. Just in one case I get the full list of columns displayed. The strange thing is I can see the full list of attributes displayed in the query, but the combobox is not filled with all of them:

Untitled.png

So here I see just 2 attributes in the combobox but all the attributes in the console and I can't understand why, because some of them are of the same type of area for instance and there are no NULL values.

Regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

I have more or less same problems with the BI part. No matter which date source I select (MSSQL or Oracle) none of them display in the map in the configuration wizard's last step. I can see that the GeoJSON is downloaded from the server and I can also see the attribute preview table. But nothing is displayed in the last step of the wizard. I'm using USSampleData's States saved in EPSG:3857 in the DB.

This is what I can see in the developer console:

bi.png

Any hints?

Thanks!

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Technical Evangelist

Ok, got this one. The feature class must be in WGS84 (EPSG4326), can anyone confirm that this is necessary?

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.