Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Staff
Accepted Solution

Basmap does not display in Desktop Application

Hello,

I am trying to view ecw file which epsg is 32107 on top of the OSM basemap layer. The ecw file name is las_vegas_masic_epsg_32107 if anyone knows.

1. I set the Lover corner and Upper corner as per below for EPSG 32107.

Lower corner : 222663.593728509,8148644.85130679

Upper corner : 239345.557199684,8169406.431614083

1. Then I transform to 3857. Then I got below bounding box.

Lower corner : -12838661.97, 4312888.93

Upper corner : -12817925, 4338769.99

The base map and ecw are loaded correctly in Browser Application. But both ecw and basemap does not load on Desktop Application. 

May I know how to determine to set which EPSG and transform to which EPSG? Do I have to transform into the EPSG according to Base Map’s EPSG? Can anyone explain me about setting EPSG in M.App Enterprise? 

I do appreciate any help. Thanks

Su May

Staff

Re: Basmap does not display in Desktop Application

Hi,

please check the client and Studio log files, the rich client should take care of any transformation.

Regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Staff

Thanks Stefano, I didn't create log file during M.App Enterprise installation process. May I know where to find or configure log files for client and studio? So far I found W3C log files under C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles\W3SVC2\. But it doesn't display errors. And let me update to my first post, the desktop applicaiton try to load base map first, but once the ecw file is loaded and displayed, the basemap is gone. 

Thank you,

Su May

Staff

Su May,

logging in Studio is accessible from Security -> Logs. In the rich client you can find them from the button on the bottom right corner of the window. 

So it is only OSM layer not displaying? Are you using EPSG:3857 for the desktop client too? 

Regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Staff

Yes Stefano. I use EPSG:3857 for both Desktop Application (Rich Client) and browser application. Lower corner and Upper corner values in both Desktop and browser applications are also the same.
Staff

to check the log file client side you have to use this button:

Capture.PNG

BTW, please check if it happens at all scale levels, by switching off all of the other layers and zooming on your map. It might be related to a limitation in the BBOX of your project.

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Staff

Hi Stefano,

Finally the ecw and base map are displayed if I use EPSG:32107 and doesn't transformed into EPSG:3857. 

I also tried as a new desktop application only with OSM basemap layer transforming EPSG:32107 to EPSG:3857 for the same bounding box values but the base map is not loaded. May I know how to determine transforming EPSG or which EPSG to be used?

On the other hand, Log file doesn't display or come out after I clicked the buttons at the lower right corner of the rich client applicaiton. May I know how to enable the log files?

RichClientApp.png

Thank you for your help,

Su May

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Su May,

The problem with the logger happened to me too. It tries to create a file under C:\Users\<user_running_the_client>\AppData\Local\Temp\log and if that subfolder does not exist or maybe some permissions are missing then it fails to create it.

You can also see the Java client logging by enabling Java console:

https://www.java.com/en/download/help/javaconsole.xml

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.