Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Cache stuck on Queued

I´ve added a new vector set to M.Apps Enterprise. the vector layer comes from PostGIS, EPSG 3857 and has cache enabled. After adding the vector layer I created a vector set and tryed to generate a vector set. Everithing looks ok an I get no error messages, but the cache order never gets past the Queued state.

I´m guessing something is not working within the tile server but don know where to look. Any help would be welcome 

Staff

Re: Cache stuck on Queued

Hi S.Fonseca,

Was this Tile Server publishing Vector Sets without issue previously or is this the first ventures with it?

If it was working previously it may just require a Service restart on the Tile Server. This restart of service has been known to get 'Queued' orders going again on good configurations.

If this is the first few ventures with the Tile Server and it is only queueing the orders instead of processing it likely means there is a configuration issue. For configuration it is important that warehouse user can start the Tile Service (Log on As Service) and should be a local system Administrator User. The warehouse user will also need to be able to write to the warehouse location.

I hope that helps get you started on the issue here.

Frequent Contributor

Hi sclow , as you mentioned, it is a fresh install... I’ve used other instances before with no problems, I published the same table in another server with no problems, so I know it is the new installation that´s not working. I´m quite sure the used user accounts are all administrators and have able to write to the warehouse, but I’ll double check that. 

Staff

If the M.App Service and Tile Service are on different servers also check that the Warehouse location configured for the Tile Service is a UNC path and reachable from that server.

Frequent Contributor

Checked and checked again... All warehouses are accessible by the users, tile server is under the same computer so there is not communication issue there. The tile service is running with an administrator user. 

And still... Queued! Smiley Frustrated

Staff

Hi,

have you already tried to restart the Tile Service?

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Staff

Is the Master DB specified for the Tile Service the same as the one specified for M.App Enterprise Application?

If the issue persists after checking and confirming the suggestions on this thread I would recommend the next step be logging a support ticket to get some more in depth investigation.

Frequent Contributor

After a several attempts to fix it, I decided to wipe the installation and do a new clean install... this time it works. Don´t know what was wrong but I have a working system now

Contributor

Hi,

in my new installation, die caching is stuck on queued. You have mentioned the configuration of the Warehouse and its user. I'm not sure how to check these information.. 

On the installation folder of the Tile Server, I have granted permissions to the local user and restarted the tile server. Is this the right procedure or are there steps missing?

Thank you very much for a short description,

Hella

Staff

Hi Hella,

M.App Enterprise application server and Tile Server must have read and write access to the warehouse folder. This is normally done by using a local admin account if both app server and tile server are on the same machine. If they are installed on separated machines you must use a shared folder for the Warehouse and either a domain account with proper privileges or 2 local admin accounts identical on both servers (same username and same password).

If the caching is stuck you may have a problem in one of your tenants, please check Studio logs for all of the tenants. In general to unlock it it is anyway enough to restart the Tile Service.

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.