Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor

Can't access WFS service, using QGIS

[ Edited ]

Hi all, I created a new WFS service using  MyGeoservices section of the Studio.

The GetCapabilities seems to respond well. The GetFeature request seems to work, but returning no features (the data table is not empty). 

{"type":"FeatureCollection","features":[]}

I tried to access the service with QGIS 3.6, but after the creation of the new connection , I receive the following error and QGIS crashes :

"Il layer non è valido: Il layer user='training_2' password='xxx' pagingEnabled='true' restrictToRequestBBOX='1' srsname='http://www.opengis.net/gml/srs/epsg.xml#3857' typename='test_muster_province' url='https://mappenterprise.planetek.it/api/v1/geoservices/wfs/tenant_training_2/test_muster?' version='1.1.0' table="" sql= non è valido e non può essere aggiunto alla mappa. Motivo:"

Maurizio

Staff

Re: Can't access WFS service, using QGIS

Hi Maurizio,

M.App Enterprise uses GeoJSON as a response format for WFS GetFeature requests. I'm curious if QGIS supports GeoJSON for GetFeature.

wfsjson.png

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm not so expert of QGIS to answer.

On the other hand, if I try to use the Feature Analyzer to access the WFS service : 

https://mappenterprise.planetek.it/api/v1/geoservices/wfs/tenant_training_2/test_muster?request=GetCapabilities

I receive an error "There was an error reading the input feature data" and the Layer Name drop down list remain empty.

Are the paramenters I insert correct?

Maurizio

Valued Contributor

Anyone can support us about this?
Regards

Giuseppe M.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

To use the WFS inside Feature Analyzer you need to load the layer directly. To do so, you must give the name of the layer and the BBox allowing the analyzer to download the entire dataset and store it in memory. I´ve posted somewhere inside the forum how to send such requests properly. Use that request and pute it in the online source tab (use 4326 as EPSG). It is not as it yould work using the WFS option in external services, but it´s a work arround

Valued Contributor

Thank you for your reply S.Fonseca. 

We need to publish some data as WFS and then provide the URL to other. So we need to understand if the WFS provided by M.App Enterprise is compliant with OGC or not.

Why are we having this difficulties in publishing and consuming this WFS? 

Thank you very much

Regards

Valued Contributor

Any news about this?

Staff

hi Giuseppe,

are you sure QGIS does support GeoJSON as output format? We currently support only this format (or plain JSON).

In case there is a specific issue please open a ticket.

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Valued Contributor

Hi Stefano,

thank you for your reply. My colleague talked about QGis just to make an example but in truth we are not able to consume the WFS created with M.App Enterprise in any client (Geomedia, QGis, Feature Analyzer, etc.). We need to better understand how to use this WFS service.

Thank you very much

Regards

Valued Contributor

I have opened a support ticket: 00041138

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.