Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can't launch desktop app: JAR resources signature issue

Hey community,

I'm having trouble lauching my dekstop app. It has been working fine until recent M.App Enterprise update. Not sure it's related to the upgrade though.

So here is the error message:

errorLauchJNLP.JPG

Note that at first i was using java 161 and then i downgraded it to 112 and used private browser mode, and then another browser to access the app but still the same issue.

javaVersion.JPG

I also tried it on the server itself after i've installed java 112 with no success.

Note that i'm using a valid SSL certificate (not self signed) and have been using it for a while now.

What can i do to fix this?

Elodie

Staff

Re: Can't launch desktop app: JAR resources signature issue

Hi Elodie,

I wonder if there are JARS with different signatures in your Desktop Client directory.

Maybe an older language jar that was added after previous install?

It can be checked at C:\Program Files\Hexagon\M.App Enterprise\DesktopClient\jars

HTH

Frequent Contributor

Hey,

Thanks for the answer.

All the jars are from 23/03/2018 (day of update).

What do you mean by "older language jar that was added AFTER previous install"?

Where would that come from?

With that said, i do have geoprocessing server and i had to replace jars there in order to have the latest features.

Do you think it might come from there?

Elodie

Staff

Did you also check in the 'nativelib' folder/sub folders as well or only the 'jars' folder?

Frequent Contributor

I checked in the nativelib forlder too.

The folders (windows, linux, mac_os_x) are dated april the 3rd but the jar are from 03/23/2018 as the other jars.

Elodie

Technical Evangelist

The signature of the JARS changed with the latest updated. So if you copied JARS for geoprocessing with the old signature ... I think that's the problem. The JARS need to be signed with the new certificate.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks very much Paul.

I've found the jar that was causing the issue (thanks to Stefano) and it has to be signed with a new certificate indeed.

Since it was an additional feature that is not part of the release i was able to remove it and lauch the desktop app.

So it's all good now.

Elodie

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.