Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Cannot open M.App Service service on computer '.'. in mangement logs after system user change

There were switched user account used for M.App from local system acount to domain system account. We switched windows serices, APp Pools, warehouse privileges. (it is done by customer who know the PSW for the system domain user).

Everything looks well. Only there appears "Cannot open M.App Service service on computer '.'. ..." record in managemnt log. It appears when the M.App studio is opened (user logged in the studio).

Any tips what to change/set? (without run M.App installer)

Many thanks

Jan

Staff

Re: Cannot open M.App Service service on computer '.'. in mangement logs after system user change

[ Edited ]

Hi Jan,

I think I understand that you did this already, but was the new user/password information updated for the M.App and the M.App Tile Service and these services restarted?

It will also be necessary to update this information on the 4 M.App App Pools in IIS.

Otherwise, it is best to run the configuration again this time specifying the new user/password.

Staff

Re: Cannot open M.App Service service on computer '.'. in mangement logs after system user change

Jan,

Upon further review I wonder if the original configuration had specified '.' for Domain field?

If so then it should require the run of configuration again to set to the new user.

domain.PNG

Frequent Contributor

Hi, I run modify installation, fill warehouse user with the domain and the issue still exist.

Any idea?

Many thanks

Jan

Staff

[ Edited ]

hi Jan,

Does the record in the management log go on to say 'Access is denied'? What is the full error found there?

Does this user has 'Log on as a Service' rights? It is not enough to just be a member of Administrator group. This 'Log on as a Service' right needs to be present as well.

Frequent Contributor

This is the full error from management - logs:

System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot open M.App Service service on computer '.'.
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.GetServiceHandle(Int32 desiredAccess)
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.GenerateStatus()
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.get_Status()
   at MApp.Security.SyncContext.IsSyncServiceRunning()
   --- Inner exception ---
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denied

The warehouse user is used for AppPools, Windows service and belongs to Administrator groups.

The M.App Service runs, and I'able to restart it manually, when I want. The same for M.App Tile service.

What the log does means..

Many thanks

Jan

Staff

What is the warehouse user specified as in the configuration vs the services?

It is possible that any of these could apply and at least they should be checked: 

1.) "warehouseuser" is allowed to start the services (Log on as a service right). It is more than just belonging to Administrator group and is found at Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policies -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment. This can be a common hang up and often overlooked especially among users who belong to domains with strict domain and group policies.

2.) the warehouse user password is wrong at App Pools and/or Services. It is best to reenter user/password for the 4 M.App app pools and the 2 M.App services.

3.) Something went wrong during the installation / upgrade. Sounds like you cleared this as a possibility already.

If issue persists I would recommend opening a support ticket for further investigation.

Frequent Contributor

solve with the support

Resolved by adding permissions using:
subinacl /service "M.App Service" /grant=[user@domain]=STOP
subinacl /service "M.App Tile Service" /grant=[user@domain]=STOP

see

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/18c34a5c-8637-4e85-b9ee-d9052bb12a34/defining-require...

http://craig.dubculture.co.nz/blog/2007/12/07/querying-the-status-of-a-windows-service/

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.