Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

DesktopApp: Relation between selected element and workflow

Hi!

I want to create a workflow which should show properties of a selected feature but I come to a stillstand when "connecting" my selected feature from map to the workflow.

Starting the workflow works fine: I activate my feature class, select a feature, now my workflow gets "active" and I start it.

My list opens fine but shows all the features out of my featureclass, and not just "the one"

My question is: Where must I set this "connection"? Is it a script when starting the workflow? Or can I configure this comfortable in workflow-manager?

I think this must be a simple question for soemebody with experience on workflows ;-)

Thanks in advance!

Stefan

GAUSS Ingenieurtechnik GmbH | Germany
Highlighted
Staff

Re: DesktopApp: Relation between selected element and workflow

Lists by rule will provide many results so a filter is needed if you wish to be specific.

In this case the MapSelection can be retrieved using SESSION variables in the List filter.

Here is statement I use to accomplish this where 'id3' is the PK and {SESSION.MAP.MapSelection} retrieves the selected feature from the current SESSION:

id3 IN ({SESSION.MAP.MapSelection}

Screenshot to show where I use this in the List configuration;

MapSelection.PNG

Regular Contributor

Re: DesktopApp: Relation between selected element and workflow

Hi sclow,

thanks a lot, that's it!

Stefan

GAUSS Ingenieurtechnik GmbH | Germany
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.