Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Staff
Accepted Solution

Different charges/environments v. tenants

Hi,

we can create different charges for different environments, but how tu use it? How to differentiate which environment will be binded with different tenant? or app?

BR

Tomasz

Technical Evangelist

Re: Different charges/environments v. tenants

The tenant is for separating content between customers. So if you want to provide for more than one customer you use tenants. (only one master database (environment) needed.

The easiest way to describe the need for multiple master databases (which are identified by the environment) is an example.

A common scenario for multiple master databases would be a DMZ environment. So you have a internal equipment and a external one (DMZ) that are completely separated from each other. 

Staff

Paul, thanks, but I'm not asking what does tenant and environment mean. I'm asking how they are physically related, where to set relation between apps or tenants and environments, or mabye other way to separate applications that are under developement, test and in production, to use different charging plans.
BR
Tomasz

Technical Evangelist

If you want to have different charging plans then you need to have multiple environments. (= multiple master databases)

Staff

OK Paul, so differentiation is on the level of master DB not relation tenants <-> plans. I got it now. Thanks.

Tomasz

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.