Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: How to add shape file to M.App Enterprise 16.1 + SP 1 (BI or Feature Analyzer)

Good Day Everyone,

I'd like to share this info with you about How to configure a proper MIME type in IIS for Shapefile.

SHP Files and IIS
IIS by default does not support .SHP MIME types for streaming shape file data. To connect to the .SHP extension when files are on an IIS powered web application you need to enable .SHP files.

IIS 7
1. Open IIS Manager
2. Select MIME Types

3. In the right pane, click Add…

4. Enter the following information:

File Name Extension: .shp

MIME Type: application/octet-stream

5. Click OK

6. .SHP is now available to be referenced in your dashboards.

Repeat for the below Extension

File Name Extension: .dbf

MIME Type: application/octet-stream

Best Regards,

Ahmed Abdelaziz

Contributor

Re: How to add shape file to M.App Enterprise 16.1 + SP 1 (BI or Feature Analyzer)

[ Edited ]

on the other hand,

the geometry shapes does NOT display in right manner within the M.App Ent. Feature Analyzer as attached, while i'm using EPSG: 3857 and it displayed well in GeoMedia.

Any Advise ..?!

Technical Evangelist

I'm not sure what happened here ... I've redirected your request to the Feature Analyzer team.

Technical Evangelist

Can you post your shape files or gws/mdb? 

Contributor

Hello Dave,

Kindly be informed that, I extracted the attahced Shapefile into the following path "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\shapefiles"

and from "ANALYZER VIEW" => FEATURE DATA => Online File => Shape File :-

SHP URL: https://<SERVERNAME>/shapefiles/ships.shp

DBF URL: https://<SERVERNAME>/shapefiles/ships.dbf

ZIP URL: 

on the other hand, HxGN mentioned the following Knowledge :-

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/wN5CnRwedKFavrKR9GWISQ/gHaY_fJVzy1PJ6OpLiKnvg

Areas

Feature Analyzer can make use of many area-based data sources. These input sources include:

• Shape files (Local File or Online File)

So, How I could add Shape files Local ..?!

Thanks in advance for your time,

Best Reards,

Ahmed Abdelaziz

Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Ahmed,

The current release of Feature Analyzer only supports data in 4326 with the "Online File" option. Export your shape data in 4326 and you'll be good to go.

A couple of side items:

- Feature Analyzer supports zip'ed shape files as well. This is useful when dealing with larger data. Not needed for smaller data though.

- Feature Analyzer Beta supports multiple projections. I.e. Your 3857 dataset will work fine as-is with the beta. Let me know if you're interested in becoming a beta tester.

Hope all is well,

Dave

Contributor

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your kind reply,

and of course it'll be a grate pleasure to join beta tester Club :-)

On the other hand, any aidea about availability to add shapefile as a local file ..?!

Best Regards,

Ahmed Abdelaziz

Staff

Hi Ahmed,

can you please clarify what you mean by "to add shapefile as a local file"? You can only configure Analyzer Views from within Studio, so you are supposed to be the administrator of the platform and for this reason able to configure an online file?

Thanks,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

Hi Stefano;

I read the following topics, at HxGN Documentation Portal

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/wN5CnRwedKFavrKR9GWISQ/gHaY_fJVzy1PJ6OpLiKnvg

Feature Analyzer Help 

Areas

Feature Analyzer can make use of many area-based data sources. These input sources include:

• Shape files (Local File or Online File)

So, What does it meant by (Local File) Here ..?!

Best Regards,

Ahmed Abdelaziz

Staff

that is relevant to the cloud version, where the shapefile gets uploaded to M.App Chest. We do not have this concept in M.App Enterprise because content for vector data is usually managed in a database.

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.