Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to use a browser app in M.App Enterprise 2018 (16.5)

I already installed M.App Enterprise 2018 (16.5) on my server and uploaded license.

I enter https://<SERVERANME>/Studio/?tenant=<USERNAME>#browser/mapps then NEW App and SAVE.

In M.APPS Tab shown  "Missing App Configuration", How to solve this. (figure below)

Untitled.png

I try to solve this servaral ways but it does not work. 

If anyone has a document or video for this version (M.App Enterprise 2018), please help me.

Thank you.

Technical Evangelist

Re: How to use a browser app in M.App Enterprise 2018 (16.5)

You have to start the M.App Editor and configure the App itself (assigning FA Views, BI Maps or just M.App Viewer or Spatial Recipes,....).

Now you just created an empty M.App and this is not valid.

New Contributor

I did it by enter M.App Editor via click icon in the red circle (figure below).

Untitled.png

It bring me to https://<SERVERNAME>/MAppEditor/#/edit-m.app/931f9171-43d3-4691-b0fe-ded06dfe6354?tenant=<USERNAME>.

Then show an error like this (figure below).

Untitled2.png

Thank you.

Frequent Contributor

By your browser logs it looks that it is looking for the editor in “localhost”, Are you loading the page from the server or you are connecting from a client machine?

If you are in a client machine connected to the local network, have you tried to use the IP instead of the servername?

New Contributor

Of course, I loaded page from server. It does not work.
Frequent Contributor

OK, good... Next think I would check (I’m not the developer nor part of tech support, but been digging a lot into the software) is if the missing file actually exists. In my case the controls.js file is located under C:\Program Files\Hexagon\M.App Enterprise\MAppEditor\webgis\nls\es , the "nls" folder contains the files for the different languages, the ones without a proper translation would have a Controls.js file in english or partial translations, but in my server, the "th" language folder does not contain a Controls.js file thus the request to <hostname>/MAppEditor/webgis/nls/th/Controls.js gives a 404.

Since I´m on a test server and ruining my installation is not a big issue, I renamed the file and reloaded the editor. Same message you are getting, so I can reproduce tour error. Next thing I tried was to copy the file in "en" folder to the "th" folder, reloaded and Editor worked again, only difference is that everything is in english (not much was translated before anyway), but it definitely works. Tried setting a new tenant with thai as language, copied the file into the correct folder and it worked too.

Once again, I’m not the developer and I´m just playing with my test server so I cannot recommend you to modify the file structure of the system, but maybe some of the tech support guys could help us find out if my approach is the correct workaround for your problems.  

New Contributor

I copy "Controls.js" from other folder to "/MAppEditor/webgis/nls/th/", It work.

Thank you.

Frequent Contributor

Nice... Glad It helped, can you please accept it as a solution?

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.