Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

Import shapefile as redline

Dear all,

My M.app Desktop user needs to upload a local shapefile in order to reuse the contained geometries as redline for editing.

Also uploading the geometries inside a dedicated Oracle table would be an alternative solution I'd be happy with.  Do you have any examples that perform one of these tasks?

Thank you

Massimiliano

Frequent Contributor

Re: Import shapefile as redline

[ Edited ]

Hi Massimiliano,

we have developed a plugin that can import shapefiles on the client side for GeoMedia Smartclient. It is able to display and work with them from within the redlining layer as vectors and is able to display attributes via spatial selection. It also able to save and manage the shapefile in a self-made cache so it stays in the user's project even when GMSC is closed.

Since M.app Desktop is built on the same achitecture as GMSC it should definitely be possible to implement. Depending on the approach you might have to integrate a geo library like GDAL or GeoTools to do so.

Since this requirement came up several times now it might also be a good idea to bring this up in the ideation board and suggest this as an addition to the GMSC/M.app desktop base application.

Regards,

Sven

Contributor

Re: Import shapefile as redline

Hi Sven,

thank you for reporting your experience and your suggestion, a colleague of mine will soon start developing the plugin.

Regards,

Massimiliano

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.