Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

Install MAE using oracle db problem

Hi,

I got error during installation MAE. Error during selecting Master Database connection like attachment. We using oracle 12.2.0.1.0. I have installed Oracle Database 12c Release 2 Client (12.2.0.1.0) for windows (x64) on that server. Toad and sqlplus can do connection.

Error msg is: Excetion in 'ConstructConnectionString': The type initializer for 'Oracle.dataaccess.client.oracleConnectionStringBuilder' threw an excetion.

MAE need oracle client only or need ODAC too?

Thanks.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Install MAE using oracle db problem

Hi.. I removed oracle client 12.2 and installed ODAC121024_x64.zip and it solved connection problem. Can download from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/windows/downloads/index-090165.html Just to share the link
Technical Evangelist

It seems like there was a change in Oracle Client 12.2. With Oracle Client 12.1 we had no problems with compatibility. We have to investigate the behavior. 

Occasional Contributor

Now we using Oracle 12.2 db and using Oracle Client 12.1 on MAE server. 

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.