Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

M.App Enterprise 16.1 BETA - External Libraries aren't loaded and usable in the custom panel.

Dear Community,

We tried to use the custom panel in the M.App Enterprise 16.1 Beta. We loaded several external libreries and uses there libraries functions in the javascript part of the custom panel.

We stored the browser app and started it. We see in the debug console(developer tools) of chrome that the external libraries are not loaded.

Best Regards,

Wim

Frequent Contributor

Re: M.App Enterprise 16.1 BETA - External Libraries aren't loaded and usable in the custom panel.

Dear Community,

We also found out there is a issue loading the css. Could it be that the JS, CSS, HTML and External libraries is loaded in a wrong order. We would happy to test it together with the some developers of M.App Enterprise.

We are able to provide custom Smart M.App scripts that uses JS, CSS, HTML and External libraries.

Best Regards,

WIm

Frequent Contributor

Re: M.App Enterprise 16.1 BETA - External Libraries aren't loaded and usable in the custom panel.

I can confirm that javascript is loaded and executed before html. None of the divs (like #map) are available at the moment the javascript gets executed.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

is there any update on this subject?

We are trying to load a few external JS scripts using the External Scripts panel but none of them is loaded, as we found out looking at the Chrome DevTools Network panel.

Can you help us out?

Regards,

Giorgio Basile - basile@planetek.it

Frequent Contributor

Dear rhsmart,

In the current version 16.1.1 (which is available on the download.hexagongeospatial.com) this is fixed and you can use the external libraries correctly. The libraries are loaded correctly.

We have several Smart M.Apps where we use external javascript libraries.

Best Regards,

Wim

Occasional Contributor

Hi Wim,

thanks for the prompt reply.

We are currently using M.App Enterprise v16.1.1677.1, which should come with the fix you are talking about. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the external scripts are not downloaded, I'm monitoring the Smart M.App through the DevTools panel and they are indeed not present in the Network panel, and of course my custom JS catches some errors when it tries to use them. Is there anything I can do, explain or provide in order to receive assistance or just execute some troubleshooting? I attach the screenshot of my External Scripts panel. 

Thanks,

Giorgio

Highlighted
Staff

Hi Giorgio,

in which panel (which type) are you loading the libraries?

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Valued Contributor

Hi Stefano,

Giorgio is a colleague of mine, he is working on a browser app, with two panels: a custom panel for the banner and a BI panel. The External Libreries are for the BI panel customization. We have already used these libreries ans same customization code on M.App Studio Amazon.

thank you very much

Regards

Giuseppe M.
Planetek Italia

Frequent Contributor

Hi Giorgio, Guiseppe,

For me everything works as it's supposed. I notice you're loading from https, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Do you see any javascript errors in the console?

Arjen Haayman

Occasional Contributor

Hi Arjen,

no, no error messages in the console, it seems like they are completely ignored when the application is loaded.

I'm sorry that I'm not able to provide any other relevant detail to help you troubleshooting this problem, but there is no evidence or indication of errors within the application itself.

Please let me know whether there is any test I can perform.

Regards,

Giorgio

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.