Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

M.App Enterprise 16.1 Beta - Calculation of M.App Enterprise Usage seems to go wrong.

Dear Community,

The usage of M.App Enterprise doesn't seem to work right. We tested (my collegue and myself) M.App Enterprise 16.1 Beta and in less than 10 working hours we have used more than 54 hours of M.App Enterprise. We even didn't use M.App Enterprise the complete working time.

Are you sure that the calculation of M.App Enterprise Usage is correct?

Best Regards,

Wim

Frequent Contributor

Re: M.App Enterprise 16.1 Beta - Calculation of M.App Enterprise Usage seems to go wrong.

[ Edited ]

Dear Community,

1. We tested the usege problem and we find out that the usage is always counted double per person because :

- After login into the "Apps Page" the usage start counting the time.

- After clicking on a Browser Smart M.App, it is openen in a new window. M.App Enterprise seperatly counts the usage of the Browser Smart M.App. So the usage will be counted double.

2. A second issue is that we find out that the usage is still counting after 15min inactivity in a Browser Smart M.App or the "Apps Page".

Best Regards,

Wim

Regular Contributor

Re: M.App Enterprise 16.1 Beta - Calculation of M.App Enterprise Usage seems to go wrong.

Hi Wim,

are there any news for this issue?

Is that "expected behaviour" or will there be a fix?

Regards

Stefan

GAUSS Ingenieurtechnik GmbH | Germany
Staff

Hi Stefan,

have you experienced the same? What version of M.App Enterprise are you using?

thanks,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Regular Contributor

Hi Stefano,

I'm not quite sure.

I just checked older postings in the community because I'm new to MaE and this issue made me thinking of my testings.

I definitely have more usage as I work, but that's caused by "cross-testing" the software at my clients while working as Administrator/Studio ON SERVER at same time. But I will have a deeper look at it and I will give you feedback!

I am using latest download

Regards

Stefan

Regular Contributor

Stefano,

just to be on the safe side: Is the MAE-management (https://myserver/Management/#login) relevant for usage?

Or is it just Studio and Apps?

Thanks

Stefan

Regular Contributor

Hi Stefano,

I did a test: I logged in as User for a browser app (separate machine), started the app and did nothing further. After an hour of doing absolutely nothing on this machine I closed the browserwindow and checked the usage in the management and had exactly 1 hour.

I think that's not what it should be...

Version is 16.1.0.1276.

What next? I could log a browser session over night to be 100% sure?

Regards

Stefan

Technical Evangelist

M.App Enterprise Management is also counting for usage.

But we are already investigating the 16.1 Beta in those regards.

There will be an 16.1.1 release in October ... till then all found issues will be resolved.

Technical Evangelist

The M.App Enterprise 16.1 Beta topic was misleading me a bit.

I've overlooked your posting:

I am using latest download

That's the acutal released version and there we found no problems on usage tracking. We also tried your described workflow from above and could not reproduce the behavior.

My earlier posting was regarded to a beta version for 16.1.1 --> Sorry about the confusion.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi tpaul,

thank you for your last reply, I've been confused a little bit in cause of the earlier one.

I did some tests, everything seems to work fine Smiley Happy

Thanks

Stefan

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.