Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

M.App Enterprise 16.5 Installation with different server for tile and app server

[ Edited ]

Hi All

I try to Install M.App Enterprise server and TIle Server in different Server but after the installation is done and try to publish a vectorsets progress is still 0% Queued..

in the installation process i use a same master database with postgis both App server and tile server, for warehouse location i use a UNC path like "\\10.200.XXX.XX\M.App Enterprise" both for App Server and Tile Server, for warehouse user i use a domain user both for App Server and TIle Server.

During the installation process both went smoothly and successfully.

in the publihing process i try to restart service both the M.App Server and the Tile Server but still queue..

is there anything i missed so i can't publish vectorsets?

Thanks

regards,

Panca

Technical Evangelist

Re: M.App Enterprise 16.5 Installation with different server for tile and app server

Hi Panca,

What database do you use? Can you watch it (e.g. with SQL Profiler for an MSSQL db) to see if the Tile Service tries to fetch any data?

Are there any errors in the SECURITY > LOG?

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Occasional Contributor

Re: M.App Enterprise 16.5 Installation with different server for tile and app server

hi Jan

i use  postGIS for database, and i don't see any error in the logs, last time i try  read and write some text from tile server to App server M.App warehouse directory and can read and write properly. I have a demo server with the app server and the tileserver are integrated into one server and can run properly, but I don't know what exactly is wrong at the end user production server now.

Thanks

regards,

Panca

Staff

I’ve had the same problem once before, the problem was with some invalid geometries in the DB. Are you sure that the geoms are all valid and within the projection parameters?

Occasional Contributor

Yes im sure because i already try to import and publish data that working in my demo server but still queued.

Occasional Contributor

HI Jan

Now i have a logs, please help to understand what that means

Thanks

Regards

‎System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.200.168.21:5432
   [Details]
   MS_LoggedBy: System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Object]
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Npgsql.TaskExtensions.<WithCancellation>d__3.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Npgsql.TaskExtensions.<WithTimeout>d__1.MoveNext()
   at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.<ConnectAsync>d__155.MoveNext()
   at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.<RawOpen>d__153.MoveNext()
   at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.<Open>d__149.MoveNext()
   at Npgsql.ConnectorPool.<AllocateLong>d__19.MoveNext()
   at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection.<>c__DisplayClass32_0.<<Open>g__OpenLong|0>d.MoveNext()
   at MApp.Endpoints.MAppContentContext.<IsValidConnectionAsync>d__10.MoveNext()
   at MApp.Endpoints.ConnectionContentController.<IsValidConnection>d__5.MoveNext()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpersExtensions.<CastToObject>d__1`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__1.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__6.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__6.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__5.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.<ExecuteAuthorizationFilterAsyncCore>d__3.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.AuthenticationFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__15.MoveNext()

Staff

Well, I'm assuming that one of your servers is located on 10.200.168.21 and by the port (5432) it seems that the server is refusing connection to the postgres DB. Please make sure that there is no restrictions on the network, that postgres is allowing connections from another ip and any other connectivity issues that you may have.

Technical Evangelist

It is either Postgres DB not listening on particular IP, or firewall blocking the port 5432. For the Postgres side, please check pg_hba.conf (and optionally postgresql.conf):

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Regular Visitor

[ Edited ]

Occasional Contributor

Solved by instal master database on tile server and add this to pg_hba

host    all             all              9.9.9.9/0                       md5

Thanks

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.