Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

M.App Enterprise: BI Wizard: Selecting Geometry and Attribute data doesn't show any column for pk.

[ Edited ]

Dear Community,

I have uploaded 2 datasets in a postgis database. A geometry dataset and attribute dataset. Both datasets have a column named "gebiedsdee" and is unique for the geometry dataset. This column is stored as a integer in the database.

I have registrated the geometry dataset in the Content panel as "Vector Data" en de Attribute dataset as "Attribute Data".

If I create a new BI M.App and select the both datasets in the BI-wizard, the primary key dropdown list is empty and give the following information "No matching fiels found in both data sources".

Edit: Added an image for explantion. Show the postgis database table's and the described issue in M.App Enterprise.

Best Regards,

Wim

Staff

Re: M.App Enterprise: BI Wizard: Selecting Geometry and Attribute data doesn't show any column for p

I was experiencing the same issue, however I do not believe this is how the attribute input is designed to work.

My understanding is the Attribute input is only designed for a one-to-one relationship. E.g. You would have your geometry in one database table (or geojson) then your attributes reside in the separate attributes table. Perhaps this improves performance?

I do not believe a one-to-many relationship like this is possible in M.App Enterprise at this point. Although, it would be very useful if we could.

Please correct me if I am wrong, or if there is another way to do this Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Re: M.App Enterprise: BI Wizard: Selecting Geometry and Attribute data doesn't show any column for p

Dear Community,

In the Smart M.Apps (Cloud version) BI-Wizard, it is possible to do a 1-N relationship. So I think it should be also possible in M.App Enterprise because the Bi-Wizard is taken over from the Cloud version. Maybe it is just broken?

Best Regards,

Wim

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.