Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

M.App Enterprise Mobile Offline Mode

Hi,

Is M.App Enterprise Mobile version 16.5 supports Offline Workflow (Disconnected Mode) - store data at device storage then sync. with server once connection availiable-

Regards,

Maha

Staff

Re: M.App Enterprise Mobile Offline Mode

hi Maha,

yes it does support offline mode. As an administrator you can set feature synchronization as:

• None -> data is only available online
  • Automatic
    • With RevisionField -> data are synchronized based on RevisionField (difference)
    • Without RevisionField -> data are synchronized on startup (full)
  • Manual -> data are only synchronized on startup once or manual from sync view

The complete documentation will be published soon, stay tuned on the community.

thanks,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Regular Contributor

I am trying to understand the offline capabilities of the Mobile client. I have followed the tutorials to create a Mobile app and have tested creating locations offline and observed them being synced automatically back to the server when the device was connected again.

Whilst offline there is no mapping available, how can background mapping be cached to the mobile device?

Thanks,

Colin

Staff

hi Colin,

if you want to let the user cache background maps you have to make the Synchronization menu available to the user:

Capture.PNG

Here is a sample of the definition:

• Menu.xaml:

<MenuItem Target="SyncNavigation" Title="Synchronisation" Icon="Synchronize" Type="Toolbar"/>

• Shell.xaml:
<Navigation Id="SyncNavigation">
	<View Id="SynchronisationPage" Title="Synchronisation" View="Synchronisation" ViewModel="Synchronisation" />
</Navigation> 

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the hint, I can now access the Synchronisation screen but how do I use it?

I enable map download (moving switch to the right), go to the map, zoom in/out, then go back to the Synchronisation screen and the map download switch is off (moved to the left) and nothing is shown in the list.

This is on an Android smartphone (not tablet).

Staff

after moving switch to right (gets blue) you have to click on the sync button on the top right corner (eventually you can select an "Area" to limit the extent to be downloaded data from, this must be assigned within Studio beforehands):

Capture.PNG

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Regular Contributor

Stafano,

I have created a polygon dataset in a PostGIS database (using GeoMedia Desktop, EPSG:3857) to use as Area features in Mobile app. The table has a primary key and a seperate text field I am using for the area name pattern. Examples value is 'SN5_2'.

I added the PostGIS table as a Vector dataset (not cached, no vectorset created) and was able to select the dataset under the Area screen on the Mole section of the Studio.

I then select one or more of the areas and I receive an Error 500 Internal Server Error when I try to import the selected polygon. The error captured in Chrome Developer Tools is: "{message: "22023: Geometry has Z dimension but column does not"}".

Does the Mobile Area expect a particular type of polygon geometry?

More detail from the Studio Log:

‎Npgsql.PostgresException: 22023: Geometry has Z dimension but column does not
   [Details]
   Severity: ERROR
   SqlState: 22023
   Code: 22023
   MessageText: Geometry has Z dimension but column does not
   File: gserialized_typmod.c
   Line: 195
   Routine: postgis_valid_typmod
   MS_LoggedBy: System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Object]
   at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.<>c__DisplayClass161_0.<<ReadMessage>g__ReadMessageLong|0>d.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.<>c__DisplayClass161_0.<<ReadMessage>g__ReadMessageLong|0>d.MoveNext()

Staff

Hi Colin,

yes this should work, I have already implemented a fix for it.

Regards

Christian

Regular Contributor

Hi Christian,

I've tried with different polygon datasets but get the same error importing selected polygons as areas.

Is the fix you mention included in the latest public release? M.App Enterprise 2018 Update 1 has been installed on the server.

Regards,

Colin

Staff

Hi Colin,

sorry I meant I've just implemented a fix. It will be in the next release.

As a workaround you could create a view, which selects your polygons as 2D polygons:

https://postgis.net/docs/ST_Force2D.html

You can delete the view after the import.

Regards

Christian

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.