Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

M.App Enterprise: The BI-Wizard can't handle vectordata which is stored in EPSG:28992 in the DB.

Dear Community,

If the data in the database (PostgresSQL) is stored in EPSG:28992, the data can’t be used in the M.App Enterprise BI-Wizard. If you select the dataset in the BI-Wizard the wizard start loading the dataset and never quits.

If I look in the Chrome Developertools I get the following error:

Potentially unhandled rejection [40] undefined (WARNING: non-Error used)
(anonymous) @ app.js:683
o @ app.js:683
u @ app.js:683

PS. The same datasets can be used in the Thick Client, including with workflows without problems.

Best Regards,

Wim Bozelie

Technical Evangelist

Re: M.App Enterprise: The BI-Wizard can't handle vectordata which is stored in EPSG:28992 in the DB.

[ Edited ]

Hi Wim,

I too was not able to make it working until I converted the data to EPSG:4326, see this:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Support-M-App-Enterprise/BI-related-issues/m-p/9648#M176

Don't know if this is official limitation or not...

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Frequent Contributor

Re: M.App Enterprise: The BI-Wizard can't handle vectordata which is stored in EPSG:28992 in the DB.

Dear Jan,

I know if the information in the database is stored in EPSG:4326 or EPSG:3857 it will work. The isseu here is that all my dutch clients has there data in EPSG:28992 and won't reproject there data.

Hexagon Geospatial can't expect that all company's which like to use M.App Enterprise to reproject their data. M.App Enterprise should support EPSG:28992 data in the database directly.

Best Regards,

Wim

Staff

Hi Wim,

I agree with you and would like to underline we don't want you to reproject your data. The platform has been built to do the job in the backend, and it does already support most of the knowns CRS (BTW you can also create your custom definition). 

In this specific case the issue is in the client side component. Please consider we are investing several resources to improve the BI management stuff, for the reason that in M.App Enterprise we have direct connection to a database, which scales up the needs. 

Are you able to display the dataset in the rich client?

Thanks,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hey Stefano,

Yes, the dataset can be viewed in the rich client. I can also use a workflow on that dataset. It just doesn't work in the BI-Wizard.

Best Regards,

Wim

Frequent Contributor

Stefano,

Can you give a status update of this issue? Will this be fixed in the next version? Support of the local coordinate reference system (Rijksdriehoekstelsel) EPSG28992 is important for the M.App Enterprise users in the Netherlands.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Wim

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.