Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Microsoft BI with Hexagon M.Apps

Hi, 

We are currently using M.Apps to publish spatial data sets and create analyser views. 

I am fairly new to this. I would like to try integrating our published M.Apps data into microsoft BI. I can connect to the server that contains our analyser data no problem. However the next step asks for the available config files. 

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction here? Are these config files created automatically in any of the M.Apps creation or publication steps? Or do I need to create them. How can they be located?

Cheers

Mickey

Staff

Re: Microsoft BI with Hexagon M.Apps

[ Edited ]

There is tutorial available that discusses the steps to use Power BI and M.App Enterprise and provides download of the widget.

New Contributor

Hi there, thanks for your reply. 

We have had a look at that tutorial previously. We have no problems with the widget. That installs fine andwe are able to connect to our tennent. 

It's specifically the 'map config' step we are lost on. I don't know how theese are produced or where they are stored with an M.Apps setup. Do you have nay links or information on how to get access to or how to configure or produce a 'map config'?

Cheers

Mickey

Technical Evangelist

The map config property in the Power BI widget reads the list of available Map Views in M.App Enterprise Studio. (Browser Tab)

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/ytzTQbbg6LRKGuBD2S0tSA/vxiA10gstAC7fI6dYnnxHg

Highlighted
Staff

[ Edited ]

Hi Mickey,

As tpaul has mentioned, the list of available Map Views in that Tenant will be presented here. If there are none available then none will show up in the drop down for Map Configs.

Here is a screenshot example to show the location of Browser Map Views inside a studio account.

mapviews.PNG

HTH

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.