Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Mobile App | How to get my updated Current Position and save it in a column in my database

Hi all,

There is way to make car tracking system in the M.App Mobile that tracking the movement of car and save data in my database by the updated longitude and latitude (geometry) to see the movement points from another mobile application.

can this Javascript API do this function

getDistance(fieldName: string): number;
setDateNow(fieldName: string): void;
setGpsPosition(fieldName: string, accuracyFieldName?: string): void;

if this API can do this function, just help me to write this script in the right part in the xml file and the right script to my case.

hope to reach the point.

Thanks,

Islam Yasser

Staff

Re: Mobile App | How to get my updated Current Position and save it in a column in my database

Hi Islam,

Please correct me if I am wrong, but can you just capture a line geometry representing the car track?

You would need to specify the Line entity in the shell.xaml and provide user ability to capture either from the form .xaml or perhaps the Map .xaml depending on your desired design.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the case, but these things have provided example in the Mobile Documentation under line capture.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Mobile App | How to get my updated Current Position and save it in a column in my database

Sclow 

firstly Thank you for your reply 
secondly i dont know how to capture a line geometry representing the car track.  can you write the function to me.

thirdly i want to answer me if there is way to capture my currently postion and save it in a database ?

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.