Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

Mobile - Dynamic Menu based on Areas

Hi!

I’m trying to add a dynamic menu navigation depending on the Area I login.

I’ve checked the documentation but I can’t see how to implement this.

I have 4 areas and 4 lists with filter. I want that appears only the list based on the area.  

I’ve added in NavigationMenu.xaml these MenuItems with value IsVisible like this:

<MenuItem Target="Area1Navigation" Title="Area 1" Icon="Work" IsVisible="{Session Area1}"/>
<MenuItem Target="Area2Navigation" Title="Area 2" Icon="Work" IsVisible="{Session Area2}"/> 
<MenuItem Target="Area3Navigation" Title="Area 3" Icon="Work" IsVisible="{Session Area3}"/> 
<MenuItem Target="Area4Navigation" Title="Area 4" Icon="Work" IsVisible="{Session Area4}"/>

I can’t see where I have to add setSessionKey function, it should be in the Shell? How? Where?

And then how can I know in which AREA am I logged to assign the correct sessionKey?

Thank you very much.

I will appreciate your help.

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Mobile - Dynamic Menu based on Areas

Hi eruiz,

can you describe your use case a bit?

It seems you would like to use areas as attributive filters instead or in addition to spatial filtering?

Regards

Christian

Occasional Contributor

Re: Mobile - Dynamic Menu based on Areas

Hi,

We have 4 working areas. And it’s also an attribute of the entity.  So I’ve done 4 lists based on this attribute. Now, when user enter to the app the 4 lists are showing. We want that if you enter to 1 area, the user only visualizes the list of this area. Not the other 3 because they will be empty.

Thank you,

Elisa

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.