Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

PowerBI does not show WMS

I have created a WMS with GeoMedia WebMap (with dynamic labelling), then added this to a M.App Enterprise Legend and Map View as a Geoservice, along with OSM. I can display a browser map using this Map View. 

When I then use v1.0 of the PowerBI add-in, the WMS layer is not displayed, the PowerBI viewer Legend shows 'display-failed'.

Why is this and how to resolve please?

PowerBI.png

Technical Evangelist

Re: PowerBI does not show WMS

Are you using the Desktop tool of Power BI or the cloud version?

Frequent Contributor

I am using web, https://app.powerbi.com

Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Ok, very good.

Do you see any errors in the developer console? Is the WMS available for us to test?

Frequent Contributor

Whichever map I choose I get the 'script5022' error. When I choose the map with the WMS in, I get the error below

Untitled.png

Technical Evangelist

I think the actual error is coming from Power BI itselft ... does not necessary mean that this is a problem at all.

I think it's more of a CRS problem. Which CRS does the mapview use? EPSG:3857 or EPSG:27700?

I think there is a mix of coordinate systems ... you cannot use different coordinate systems in a mapview...

Frequent Contributor

I have already used the M.App E PowerBI viewer to display a M.App Mapview in EPSG3857 with the Open Street Map layer added. I have already displayed point data from a spreadsheet loaded into PowerBI with data in EPSG27700.

I have now altered the M.App Mapview legend to include a WMS which is available in EPSG27700 and EPSG3857. I have successfully created and displayed a browser M.App with this legend. - see belowUntitled.png

The blue polygons are in the WMS, being displayed over Open Street Map in EPSG3857.

In PowerBI, the same map will display data from a spreadsheet, in EPSG27700, see below. But it will not show the polygons from the WMS.

Untitled.png

Frequent Contributor

I have taken a linear data set and published this to a new WMS, adding it to the same M.App E legend. I get the same result in PowerBI, in that the WMS is not displayed and has 'display failed' in the PowerBI visualisation Legend. 

Frequent Contributor

this has been logged as a ticket and sent to development as a defect. 

Frequent Contributor

I have been sent a new version of the Power BI widget which now does show the WMS ok. Thanks to Geospatial & @tpaul  Apparently it will be posted on the community this week. 

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.