Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

Re: Data for analyzer view

[ Edited ]

Hi Community

i have a similiar problem with analyzer view,

1. i have a vector data with shp format and can visualize in geomedia after that i upload to the postgis and can visualize to in geomedia in the right position.
  2. in the M.App Enterprise Studio i try to import the vector data from postgis the result like below all CRS is EPSG3857.

Capture2.PNG

3. i create a vector sets and published with CRS 3857

Capture3.PNG

4. i create style set and add a simpolizer polygon and point with meter unit, but in the geometry type there have a geomettry collection like below.

Capture4.PNG

5 and then i create legend for dataset like below

Capture5.PNG

6. after data i create analyzer view and i choose a feature data with polygon geometry type, the header is show displaying data but no feature in the map not show anyting.

notes

• if i choose a feature with geometry type polygon the map will zoom to the layer position
  • but if i choose feature with geometry type GeometryCollection is nothing happen
  • i try to zoom in zoom out nothing happen to or the feature is not show.

Capture6.PNG

anybody have some sugggestion for my issue?

Thanks

Staff

Hi,

stylesets and browser legend have nothing to do with Analyzer. Feature Analyzer uses only the vectorset as cache for the map, but then you define the visualization by applying a theme in the Analyzer View configuration. 

Please check if you have any errors while publishing the vectorset and in case you can test the same vectorset in the dekstop or standard browser Map.

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Staff

Hi PancalR,

As Stefano has suggested, not all of your steps are relevant to Analyzer Views. Only steps 2 and 3 from your outline are required in order to use the Vectorset in Analyzer Views. Was the publishing of the vectorset met with any errors? You can check the Studio log if so.

There is also a case where the display reading can confuse. Maybe its your case? It is when despite the 'Features' being turned off the headline banner will read ie. 'Displaying 32 of 32 Features'. Open the Menu to check if this is happening here. Here is screenshot of what I mean where you can see 'Features' is unchecked meaning it is set NOT to display and headline reads as though it is displaying when all that is being displayed is the background map.

features.PNG

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi All

Ok, im sure doing same step for every data i have, my subdistrict data can visualize in analyzer but only for data type polygon and point, for my province data with a GeometryCollection type can not visualize

fyi i use M.App Enterprise 16.5.1

below my sub-district data i can visualize

Capture7.PNG

this for my province data can not visualize

Capture8.PNG

the province data is published perfectly no have error

Capture9.PNG

i use a stylesets to check geometry type, below the red line is province data with data type GeometryCollection and the blue line is my subdistriict data wit Polygon

Capture10.PNG

i attach some sample data the GeometryCollection

Please tell me if have some suggestion for my issue

Thanks

With Regards

Staff

I can display your sample data as online file in FA:

Capture.PNG

and they are just polygons BTW:

Capture.PNG

you should check how the geometry gets created in PostGIS:

SELECT ST_GeometryType([GEOMETRYCOLUMN]) from [TABLENAME]
Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Occasional Contributor

hi, please straighten my understanding if it's wrong

1. i import the sampledata.shp to geomedia and the data can visualize
  2. i try import the data to postgis from geomedia and in geomedia can visualize
  3. i try to import to content M.App studio, i create vectorsets and published perfectly no error, but when i try to visualize in FA the data is not show
  4. i just try to import the sample data to Arc and can visualize although it seems like it won't support if i import to geomedia or M.App Studio
  5. i try to create a enterprise gdb to get st_geometry and i import the data to database
  6. when i try to connect to the database with sde scheme the db like connected but not show item, so i think yes the format is not supported by M.App Enterprise

my question is why the data can visualize in geomedia but can not show in FA/ANalyzer Views

this is the dbase

Capture13.PNG

Capture12.PNG

this is the DB created by Arc

Capture14.PNG

Capture11.PNG

Please give me some suggestion how to just visualize my data with that format like i attached above, because there are still many steps that I haven't done to make a POC.

Thanks

With Regards

Staff

an st_geometry cannot be displayed since it is a proprietary format. If you import the shape into the DB using GM it may happen the geometry gets saved in a different type, since PostGIS supports more complicated types than the shape does.

M.App Enterprise in general supports GeometryCollections, that is why you can use it in the style definition. Feature Analyzer does not support geometry collections.

As I suggested please check the geometry type of each row using the ST_GeometryType function. If you get a geometry collection you may try to simplify it using something like 

-- 3 stands for "polygon"
select ST_CollectionExtract([YOURGEOMETRYCOUMN], 3) from [YOURTABLE]

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.