Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Staff
Accepted Solution

Serving feature internally and externall

Hi community,

When importing features to M.App Enterprise - can some features be served to apps internally and externally in different Apps from the SQL Server db?

Do the features need to be 'imported twice' and used in different ways for private and public facing Apps?

Thanks,

Jonny.

Staff

Re: Serving feature internally and externall

Hi Johnny,

can you please clarify what you mean by "private and public facing apps"? BTW in general when you have data in your content you can publish them as web services (WMS, WMTS, WFS) in "my geoservices" section.

Best regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Staff

Hi Stefano,

For example, a local council could have internal GIS apps that might be used by various depts to access, display, edit the data. The same datasets, or subset of them, might be served out to contractors for asset inspections with workflows. The same dataset should therefore be available internally and externally.

Hope that makes sense.

Jonny.

Staff

Hi Johnny,

I think I get your point. My questions:

1. would you publish apps to outside organizations without any authentication? In that case a custom page would be needed, because Apps page is designed only for authenticated users. BTW it is something I would not suggest in general.
  2. If the same dataset is used inside and outside you can use it in different App Configurations. If you need to filter the content somehow or to display it in a different way you may import it more than once and apply the needed changes (no data duplications are done, just different configurations).

Regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Staff

Thanks Stefano!

Got it.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.